Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 D5 Geartronic - Hesitation/delay in pulling away...

Views : 45205

Replies : 185

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2009, 11:10   #51
Voyezlabas
Voyezlabas

Default XC90 D5 SE hesitation on take-off from standstill

I've a 04/04 163 BHP Geartronic which suffers the marked 'hesitation' problem despite a full/up-to-date Volvo Service History and associated software upgrades.
Voyezlabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 23:53   #52
languageservicesco

Default Hesitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
I spoke to a very helpful gentleman there who is getting an engineer to call me back this afternoon
Have I missed anything? What was the result?

Kevin
languageservicesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 12:27   #53
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Red face

Im STILL waiting for Volvo to come up with an engineer and a loan car so that the full safety inspection that VOSA wanted can be carried out on it. Thats been over a week now and no word. manager from Volvo i was now dealing with is "unavailable" just for a change.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 12:57   #54
AB-UK
Premier Member

Who is to carry out the safety check?
If it's Volvo then the result is already known!
I thought VOSA would carry out their own independent examination - at least it would be impartial!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 15:36   #55
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Red face

Its a Volvo engineer thats carrying out the inspection (surprise surprise). Have been informed that the loan car may be here next Tuesday, but may be Wednesday, so I could get it on Thursday.......... "Escaltations Manager" took "offence" when I made the same expression of doubt as you AB!!! Told me they "werent some back street car lot!!" Wonder if they'd find me a chair to sit and watch the engineer at work after I demonstrate the faults??

Another comment made was that NOBODY else has complained to VOSA about the hesitation and Im the only one that appears to have this problem as "we are unaware of any other problems of this nature in the XC90", despite me asking people to call them about it if they had it!! Plenty have put it on here but as I dont have names and addresses for you all I cant do the calls for you!! I've sent them the examples that people have allowed me to use but that is all they are without written or vocal proof. So if you want it sorted then you have to do some of the work too.

Yet again the VOSA number is 01179543200
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 15:12   #56
AB-UK
Premier Member

I have spoken with VOSA and they will send me the reporting form.
I am disappointed to learn from them that Volvo will be asked to examine the problem.
Boeing isn't tasked to investigate problems with their aircraft are they - I wonder why?
Volvo have already passed their opinion of the problem back in 2004.
Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 15:17   #57
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Nothing ventured then nothing gained AB!!!!!! It can only get better and not worse!! You'll probably get passed to the same manager as me!!
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 17:19   #58
sfiente

I have had a few dealings with Volvo HQ, unfortunately I too had a very poor response.

My Car, a 2005 XC90 suffers with the issue. I purchased it new in July 2005 and it has always been the same, so I personally do not think it will be classed as a fault with the vehicle (through wear and tear). It is as you say dangerous, but I was told by the Volvo delaership, that's just how the car is.

I put it down to my own fault, I test drove a car and ordered one. It's not until you own the car you realise how gutless it really is. I have been advised my a local independant volvo dealer that a remap of the ECU can be carried out for £400. This will change the car to how it should be (so I was told)

I have had all software updates. I agree that it is a manufacturing fault and something should be done.

All the best and keep us all posted.
sfiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:33   #59
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Well the local dealer waited till I was in France on hol and phoned to say my car is now ready to collect. That was last Monday 6th. Have managed to get to an internet place today to have a look in and I sent VCUK an email from the Blackberry on Monday asking for a report as there was an engineer up from Volvo and he changed gearbox software (AGAIN) to as for a full report in writing as to what they found but as of today, 12th, havent had a response in any form from them. Not going to keep wasting more money chasing them. I'll just wait now till they get in touch and/or send me a full report telling me what theyve done and repaired/updated. They have to get in touch some time to get their car back after all dont they!!

Last edited by 4wheeldriver; Apr 12th, 2009 at 11:48.
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:48   #60
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
Well the local dealer waited till I was in France on hol and phoned to say my car is now ready to collect. That was last Monday 6th. Have managed to get to an internet place today to have a look in and I sent VCUK an email from the Blackberry on Monday asking for a report as there was an engineer up from Volvo and he changed gearbox software (AGAIN) to as for a full report in writing as to what they found but as of today, 12th, havent had a response in any form from them. Not going to keep wasting more money chasing them. I'll just wait now till they get in touch and/or send me a full report telling me what theyve done and repaired/updated.
Have you got the XC90 back?
If so, how is it running?

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote