Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 2.0d intermittent power loss

Views : 612

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 11th, 2021, 15:57   #1
Bps60t5

Default C30 2.0d intermittent power loss

Hi

c30 2.0d 2008 non dpf owned for around 2 years, about 12 months ago started intermittent power loss wouldn’t rev above 2500rpm no eml no codes changed fuel filter it has been fine since

Around 4-5 weeks ago problem came back for a couple of days then stopped and was fine again until yesterday problems back if I turn the car off and start again it will drive normal for around 30 seconds then won’t rev over 2500rpm again same symptoms as before but a lot more frequent

I’ve cleaned throttle body, map sensor, maf sensor, blanked egr valve, checked all vacuum lines can’t see any splits in pipes no air bubbles in clear fuel return pipe

Anyone got any suggestion what this could be, I’m thinking maybe turbo control valves is there anyway of testing these before replacing?

Thanks
Bps60t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2021, 16:38   #2
lordbasil

Turbo Control Valve a common problem.

Not sure if it could be though
lordbasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2021, 20:41   #3
Paddy94

Just a heads up. If you do end up needing the Turbo control valves, I have two for sale myself at the minute. Bought and never fitted them, so brand new.
Paddy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2021, 06:27   #4
Sidonas

Are you saying that the car is going into limp mode and there are no error codes stored in the ECU when you check it out with VIDA/DICE?

I played around with the vacuum system on mine quite a bit. One can run the car without connecting the control valves and the turbo will just not kick in until the RPM reaches 3k+ (turbo vanes in fully open position, not controlled). One would still be able to reach max RPM and there would be a DTC recorded in the ECU under these circumstances.
Sidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2021, 13:30   #5
Bps60t5

Hi yes it’s like it goes into limp mode, I don’t have access to Vida but there’s no engine codes on my obd reader, the car drove for around 3 miles this morning fine then problem came back
Bps60t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 09:14   #6
MarkieMartin

It could be a number of things I have had this a couple of times where my car has gone into limp mode and then its been fine after for a number of months. I have recently had to replace my fuel filter which was the issue this time but the previous issue for me was topping up the EOLYS additive and replacing DPF years ago but thats not me trying to scare you.

The best thing to do is get a VIDA code check to see exactly what the issue could be as the code wont necessarily show up on the dashboard or that particular scanner you've used.

Last edited by MarkieMartin; Feb 17th, 2021 at 09:18.
MarkieMartin is offline   Reply With Quote