Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Delivery Times S90

Views : 15443

Replies : 126

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2018, 22:18   #71
S90D4R

Thanks for the info, its appriciated

I don't have an order number or any paperwork from Volvo or the dealer - just the Finance agreement (as of yesterday) - perhaps the agreement number is enough to get some answers from Volvo UK.

I have leased for many years now but never extended on an informal day to day basis, is this possible? is this what you are doing with your Audi - I don't want a 6 month extension.

I wonder if its possible to take a stock car (if such a thing exists) instead of the factory order.

All very un-German and out of my usual Audi/BMW strict 12 weeks lead times but I hope the Volvo is a better car than the A4 it replaces.
S90D4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 22:45   #72
Ducks

No worries,

The lease company would / should be able to give you an order number for the vehicle I hope. I had to send a few emails to finally get mine.

My Audi is on a PCP so I'm not sure you can extend a lease agreement as I've never done that.

Good luck mate
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 20:32   #73
S90D4R

Finance company chased dealer today.

Looks like a very early March delivery....seeing is believing however.
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 20:41   #74
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90D4R View Post
Finance company chased dealer today.

Looks like a very early March delivery....seeing is believing however.
Hope it happens mate. Good luck
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 18:10   #75
SLusty

Any one expecting to get delivery in March been given a date as yet? Ordered my S90 in October having been told January delivery, however after beginning to chase in January was told it had been pushed back to March. Started chasing again mid-end feb but still no firm date... Hoping it’s not been pushed back again!!
SLusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 20:19   #76
S90D4R

Ordered 13th September, have been pushed back a few times now.

D4 R Design - Bright Silver - No options

1. January
2. Late Feb
3. Early March
4. Mid March (so April after PDI / Delivery)

Dealer doesn't know if its been built, lease company chased again and I spoke to Volvo customer services.

They are coming back to me tomorrow and made suggestions they may lend me a car.

I really wish I had ordered a V90.

BTW. some Dec/Jan orders for XC40/S60 have been moved to June, leasing company gave this info. Volvo press release said this:

Volvo S90 vehicle line director Kent Falck told Automotive News Europe last year that it would be difficult for the automaker to fulfill forthcoming orders for the S90 because of strong demand for its XC90 crossover.

Nice.

Last edited by S90D4R; Feb 28th, 2018 at 20:28.
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 11:30   #77
SLusty

Thanks for the info - best not get my hopes up then!

Might pursue the borrowing of a car from them, would be interested to know if they are forthcoming with this please?

Is it the dealer that is making noises about lending the car or Volvo?

The V90 would of been ideal for me but my company car budget didn't quite stretch to this...
SLusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 17:14   #78
Ducks

My cars ere!!

The dealer rang me today to let me know I cold collect it today and go back in to get the parktronic gear fitted.

With the weather the way it is, I asked them to fit the stuff and I'll take delivery of the car after that. So hopefully this week I hope

Exciting, but the A6 is still here (unrepaired) so a lengthily crossover period.
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 18:03   #79
S90D4R

SLusty it was Volvo UK, but...

They phoned this afternoon and said 'what delays'. The system generated a build date of 12 March once the order was accepted by the factory. Sorry no loan car for you....

So dealers/brokers are being cheeky buggers and giving it the short lead time chat to secure orders (I presume). I was told January when ordering.

So the car is built and is in the country somewhere, will be at the dealers for March 12, PDI another week and delivery down south another week....

However if your slot is actually moved and not a pack of lies like mine then they would entertain a loan car, it would need to be a substantial move c.2-3 months is the gist I got. Others on here have been given cars by dealerships I believe.

Mines a private lease and I didn't even think of the V90 at the time, there was some excellent deals around - I do like a big saloon though.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 12:15   #80
whoami

Thumbs down

Yet another delay to my delivery.

The car was scheduled to be at the dealer yesterday.

No call from them today so I called them (as per usual).

To cut a long story short, it's now been tracked down to Zeebrugge.

Apparently there is a "customs backlog due to a large number of S90 arriving at the port". It'll therefore be another couple of weeks or so until I actually take delivery.

Clowns.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whoami For This Useful Post: