Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Winter Pack / Heated Screen

Views : 7103

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2018, 23:40   #1
senwar

Default XC60 Winter Pack / Heated Screen

Hi - just in the process of ordering a new XC60 on lease. I expect to order next week.

I got a quote last week and noticed the Winter Pack was £525. However, at another dealer today it showed as £375. It still says £525 in the MY18.5 Edition 2a price booklet. i was advised an order now would be MY19

Looking further tonight, I now see the Winter Pack no longer shows Heated Windscreen. This, along with the heated steering wheel, are the reason I wanted it.

Any ideas why this may be? It is still showing as standard on pro models but on the R-Design (non pro) I've specc'd, its not there.

*EDIT Actually, just downloaded v5 of the MY18.5 and it shows Winter Pack II @ £375 with no heated windscreen

Last edited by senwar; Feb 4th, 2018 at 23:43.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 08:18   #2
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Hi - just in the process of ordering a new XC60 on lease. I expect to order next week.

I got a quote last week and noticed the Winter Pack was £525. However, at another dealer today it showed as £375. It still says £525 in the MY18.5 Edition 2a price booklet. i was advised an order now would be MY19

Looking further tonight, I now see the Winter Pack no longer shows Heated Windscreen. This, along with the heated steering wheel, are the reason I wanted it.

Any ideas why this may be? It is still showing as standard on pro models but on the R-Design (non pro) I've specc'd, its not there.

*EDIT Actually, just downloaded v5 of the MY18.5 and it shows Winter Pack II @ £375 with no heated windscreen
Looks like you can only get the heated windscreen and heated steering wheel if you go for one of the Pro variants - seems to be a retrograde step in my view as these are very useful options to have on these cold mornings.
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 09:14   #3
senwar

It, along with the heated steering wheel, is the primary reason I specc'd the pack.

Really surprised its gone. I've actually got an MY18.5 tagged for me with another dealer but their quote is quite a bit higher so was going to cancel that today - now not sure whether to stick with it because of the heated screen!

Do you find you use the heated steering wheel much? I've never had one but had a 3hr test a couple of weeks ago and loved it. However, not sure I want to fork out for the winter pack if it didn't include the screen (and I don't go with the MY18.5 version)
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 09:23   #4
pagan8c
Master Member

I use the remote start whilst it is cold and it is lovely to get in to a warm steering wheel and seat. I am glad it came with my winter pack before they started messing with everything.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 09:51   #5
ukden

Quote:

I noticed that as well, also they are calling it Winter Pack II, presumably the original Winter Pack is no longer available.

I regard the heated screen as essential. Coming to Volvo from LR where my previous Discovery and Freelander II both had heated screens I appreciate the usefulness of this feature.

Previously: MY2018 XC60 Momentum D4 Auto, Winter Pack, Volvo On Call, Rear camera, Electric deployable towbar, Tempa spare wheel.
ukden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 10:01   #6
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Do you find you use the heated steering wheel much? I've never had one but had a 3hr test a couple of weeks ago and loved it. However, not sure I want to fork out for the winter pack if it didn't include the screen (and I don't go with the MY18.5 version)
I use the heated steering wheel all the time in winter; it's set to come on automatically when <10C. I've only used the heated screen about twice in 18 months and even then I could've gone without it. However, I usually put the car in the garage overnight and I also use pre-conditioning. So, personally, I wouldn't miss the heated screen.

Volvo UK's marketing is getting annoying in the way they're reducing the options availability and coercing you into upgrading to the Pro spec or whatever. As noted elsewhere, the finance markets aren't treating the Pro spec cars as models in their own right so you're effectively having to pay for all of the items in the pack over the term of the contract. Of course the same applies to individual options but at least with these you're only paying for what you want and not for those items in a pack that you may not want (eg Nappa leather in some packs).
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 10:41   #7
senwar

Thanks for the replies. Very frustrating and seems a backward step. Wouldn't mind as much if you could spec it separately but to totally remove it seems weird

I don't park mine in the garage so it was going to be a big bonus for me. Saying that, I've not had too many issues without it but I would have liked it.

The other frustration is I talked myself down from the pro last week as didn't 'need' the extra features/cost. Hey ho.

I've been debating adding Volvo on call and gather this is what's used for pre-heating? I have pre heating in my current car (Golf GTE) but the app hardly works so gave up on it
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 11:06   #8
senwar

Just been advised by Harratts its a supply issue so they have temporarily removed the winter pack and replaced with with winter pack ii.

No ETA on when this will be resolved but it is definitely temporary. You can choose to wait if you wish but can't commit to a delivery date
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 11:44   #9
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Strange thing is that if it there is a supply issue, I wonder why you can still get the heated screen and steering wheel on the XC90; V90 and XC40 in the Winter Pack!
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 12:05   #10
cassell
Member since 1988

Just an observation without me trawling through the current spec sheets, my understanding is that if HUD is specified you cannot have a heated screen.

My V90 Inscription was an ex demo and fully loaded by the dealer but does not have heated windscreen for the above reason.

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote