Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 lack of response to accelerator

Views : 38913

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 18:02   #11
bluesnappa

My DPF temp sensor replacement cured it straight away. Done under warranty. Also changed a sensor in the wash bottle as it was a recall job. Not noticed any difference in the water jet output
bluesnappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 23:00   #12
Vecais

Similarly, I had the same issue repaired under warranty recently. Thanks to this forum, when it happened to me initially I was aware of the probable cause. The dealer looked at the diagnostic computer and confirmed the issue and ordered the fix.
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 20:51   #13
59mpa

Default Another one

My 2010 D5 205 AWD SE Lux geartronic 20,000 miles, tonight has developed exactly the same symptoms. Not wanting to pull, especially going uphill, then suddenly picking up again. No warnings on the dash board displayed.
Had the XC60 from new and this is the first problem it's really suffered apart from the numerous recalls and recalls on the recalls!
Looks like we're off to Clive Brooks Bradford on Monday. Thanks for the tips guys, will be mentioning the DPF sensors.
59mpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 05:16   #14
davidash

Many of us have had the rising oil problem. I have a 2009 D5 AWD. About a year ago I asked the service agents to replace the DPF. Sensor and I haven't looked back. Suggest you do the same.
davidash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 18:24   #15
Rich17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59mpa View Post
Looks like we're off to Clive Brooks Bradford on Monday. Thanks for the tips guys, will be mentioning the DPF sensors.
Please say 'Hi' to George on the Service desk - they helped us while we were on holiday near Bradford in August when our car developed exactly a similar problem with a DPF 'pressure' sensor. We had our picnic in their showroom while we waited.
Rich17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 20:27   #16
Paul737

23K miles on my late 09 2.4 D SE Prem man, had the rising oil level problem the day I got it back from main dealer and now 3k miles later she's lost power completely in 2nd gear when taking off from a junction (as if no turbo!). Regained power half a min later then re-occurred 25miles later! Reading through the forum it seems like a common problem! Don't expect this from a Premium Car brand with the Premium prices! Under warranty, I know, but 23k miles and 2 year old cars shouldn't be visiting dealers this early on!
Paul737 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul737 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 20:53   #17
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul737 View Post
23K miles on my late 09 2.4 D SE Prem man, had the rising oil level problem the day I got it back from main dealer and now 3k miles later she's lost power completely in 2nd gear when taking off from a junction (as if no turbo!). Regained power half a min later then re-occurred 25miles later! Reading through the forum it seems like a common problem! Don't expect this from a Premium Car brand with the Premium prices! Under warranty, I know, but 23k miles and 2 year old cars shouldn't be visiting dealers this early on!
Not a common problem, but one that has occurred. This is often as a result of a failed DPF sensor.

The 'rising oil level' has not been seen for a long time (except when overfilled by dealers) as it was rectified by a software upgrade
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 11:47   #18
Paul737

Car booked in (no loan car for 5 weeks!?!) but hopefully will cure it because I'm otherwise very happy with my XC60 which is what makes me all the more annoyed that she's let me down. Asked the dealer if he could have DPF sensors in stock hoping that they will replace the DPF sensors, if it's a known problem but he's being very cagey (fair enough -as long as its fixed). Taking the tribe down to Italy 1st week of march so don't want this problem climbing up the Alps with the roof box&boot fully laden! Let you know if it's cured.
Paul737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 14:54   #19
maigrait

Probably been covered to death, but I had a similar issue. Mine was poor acceleration regardless of gear through autobox. Normally when cold but not exclusively, it could happen after an hour or so - go to overtake something and it felt like it was just too high a gear.
Anyhoo - took it to the dealers armed with the info from this site and yes exhaust sensor playing up. Had them in stock so swap over and I swear its a completely different car. I have the D5 205 hp and always found it a bit lacking (so I had the problem since day 1 and its been serviced twice by a dealer!) but now blimey. What a car!

Thanks all to have posted about this issue...
maigrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 13:31   #20
Foringo

Cool DPF Club!

Just joined the replacement DPF temperature sensor club...it was done yesterday. I noticed it earlier this week when I was half-way across a junction and car just wouldn't pick-up. After reading this thread I had a pretty good idea what the problem was...so thanks for all the useful posts!

Dealer fitted a new one within a day of reporting the problem which was good service and it's now back to normal and I'm enjoying it once more. (2009-59 XC60 D5 SE Premium LUX Auto)
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foringo For This Useful Post: