Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

High Emissions Service Required - Fixed

Views : 1693

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 27th, 2018, 19:28   #1
MisterWooley

Default High Emissions Service Required - Fixed

Hi all, This message popped up on my XC90 2004 D5 last week. It was accompanied by constant limp mode. All usual methods of clearing message/fault even as temporary measure failed.

I post here the update of the fix in the hope that it might help another volvo owner with similar problem.

First step to run a scan with Vida, not a great deal of help a whole bunch of codes typically signal too high/too low/out of range. Some research here suggested that all components affected were on the same fuse, No 11 in the engine fuse box. So I pulled no 11 and it was blown. Replacing it blew another immediately. I started disconnecting those components that I could easily identify but fuse kept blowing.

Time pressure and the need for XC 90 to be usable and ready dictated that I pop it round to my local indy, Sheffield & Meredith (Leicester). got it back today fixed. Apparently a broken wire shorting out fuse 11. Something to do with crankcase breather, maybe the feed to the heater nipple. Not a common problem they said, maybe damaged by previous work on the car. Not while I've been owner but I have no previous history.

Anyway, good job from the indy. Now up and running again.
MisterWooley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MisterWooley For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2023, 22:00   #2
mateqh

Default Same problem

Was it just a cable problem? No parts had to be replaced? It's quite an old post, but I'll see if I can get an answer.
mateqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2023, 22:38   #3
MisterWooley

That was a while ago!! The fault was at a connector. The connector was reconnected, that’s all
Old Sep 12th, 2023, 11:37   #4
mateqh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWooley View Post
That was a while ago!! The fault was at a connector. The connector was reconnected, that’s all
Sry, my english is not the best. Which connector was reconnected? I have this problem too. Fuse 11 blown, I changed it for 3 times. Car has no torque and A/C doesnt work.

I got these codes: (translated from hungary to english)
6000 - AC RELAY, SIGNAL NOT PROBABLE - PERMANENT
4400 - EGR VALVE; VALUE NOT PROBABLE - CONSTANT
6600 - BAD GLOW PLUG RELAY - PERMANENT
6700 - ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC MOTOR STRUCTURE FAULTY SIGNAL - PERMANENT 6800 - ADJUSTABLE VALVE TURBOCHARGER REGULATOR FAULTY SIGNAL - PERMANENT

Last edited by mateqh; Sep 12th, 2023 at 13:24. Reason: Pasted codes
mateqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2023, 12:49   #5
MisterWooley

I’m sorry, I can’t remember and I have now sold my XC90 so I can’t check.
My suggestion is to try following the VIDA diagnostics. For each of the codes it will give you things to check.
I would take one of the codes and just follow all the diagnostics. The other approach would be to examine the wiring diagram and see what fuse 11 feeds?