Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fuel Consumption?

Views : 2145

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2011, 09:09   #11
Doveaboy

Anyone who's ever had a motorbike will ask that you do NOT brim the diesel tank on your car as there will sometimes be spillage on nearby roads and there are not many things slippier than diesel. Safer to use the exact same pump every fill-up and accept that it will stop filling your tank at the same point each time.
Doveaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 15:31   #12
Volubilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72dudes View Post
Please don't quote how many miles per tank you get when comparing different makes of car - it's meaningless and akin to saying "the picture on my 32" Sony TV is smaller than that of my 42" Samsung TV"
I wasn't comparing the V50 to my old car, just stating how pi**ed off I am after paying more for the car, more for tax and more on insurance I am and now more on fuel !
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 14:50   #13
72dudes

I was referring to UKsaints original post, Volubilis.

I test drove an Audi A3 2.0 Tdi some years ago, and averaged around 54 MPG I seem to remember. Audis did seem to be more economical. Mind you, they were the older design. Their latest common rail engines are smoother and quieter but not so economical.
72dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:33   #14
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton
I'd say that was excessive and you'll likely wear the centres of the tyre quite quickly and have strange-feeling handling. I'm surprised you haven't noticed more 'crashing' over bumps in the road.
I cant say that I've noticed any difference in ride but feels better on handling and as I said the MPG has gone up and seems to be better on fuel. I'm up and down to B'ham all the time and doing the same trip this time since changing the pressures I got a 51.1MPG compared to the past of 45/46MPG....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volubilis View Post
My 2.0D Euro 4 with standard (not Eco) tyre pressures is reading 47.8mpg but it seems like im always putting fuel in. My old car (Audi A3 2.0 TDi) was reading 54-57mpg no matter how hard I dove it and early 60's on a good run and I was in the fuel station half as much as I am now
What pressures are you running?

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:35   #15
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doveaboy View Post
Anyone who's ever had a motorbike will ask that you do NOT brim the diesel tank on your car
Thats very selfish....

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 21:26   #16
Greg1990

I’ve got a 2007 S40 2.0d SE sport..it is highly modified ie..hybrid turbo,Nissan skyline GTR intercooler,stainless exhaust,DPF/EGR delete and K&N filter..it’s pushing just under 200BHP and I get mid 40’s urban and 60’s + on a good run..
Greg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote