Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Service - Better at dealer or indy?

Views : 3745

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2015, 20:06   #41
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredtupper View Post
And dodgy and incompetent main stealers are unknown in volvo land are they ?
you won't find one carrying out fraud , and it isnt the dealer as a whole it is down to one or two individuals if you get problems ..
Old May 23rd, 2015, 21:13   #42
Alfredtupper
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
you won't find one carrying out fraud , and it isnt the dealer as a whole it is down to one or two individuals if you get problems ..

If you say so ...
Alfredtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 21:20   #43
volvo145
Premier Member

Quote:
Its a hard life sometimes explaining things.
I think you will agree.
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 12:52   #44
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Unfortunately in this world having a major car manufacturers sign over the door is no guarantee of good, honest service.

A few years ago I had a Jaguar X-Type company car and it always went to the Jaguar main dealer for servicing as it was included in the lease deal.

On it's third service I asked that all the wiper blades were replaced as they were the originals and were smearing, but the lease company wouldn't authorise it. I sent them a stroppy e-mail and their reply was that they had already been replaced twice - the dealer had invoiced the lease company for them on the last two services (and they forwarded me one invoice) but they had not been replaced.

And then to two weeks later I got called into HR to ask why I hadn't reported accident damage to my car - the Jag main dealer had invoiced the lease company for a new passenger door mirror assembly "as it was hanging off" and a new engine undertray as it was "insecure due to repeated grounding". Niether of which were true, and niether part had been repalced. I'm not sure what the final outcome was but we refused to pay the near £800 to the lease company and I never went to that dealer again.

Having worked in the retail motor trade previously I am sure that this is absolutely not the group policy but probably the fiddle of a dishonest after sales manager trying to hit his monthly bonus....
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 13:50   #45
Loskie

Quote:
Rose coloured specs on?

Parks Volvo couldn't even PDI my car right, service book was unopened let alone un stamped and unable to provide any sort of PDI checksheet from the workshop.
Despite Volvo CS intervention nothing was forthcoming.
Volvo CS however came good with a free service and £400 of vouchers redeemed at Lloyd Volvo.
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 15:01   #46
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loskie View Post
Rose coloured specs on?

Parks Volvo couldn't even PDI my car right, service book was unopened let alone un stamped and unable to provide any sort of PDI checksheet from the workshop.
Despite Volvo CS intervention nothing was forthcoming.
Volvo CS however came good with a free service and £400 of vouchers redeemed at Lloyd Volvo.
Doesn't your shoddy experience reinforce Clan's point?
The dealer didnt have a no pdi policy. It was an individual who knowingly didn't bother or didn't check if anyone had done it.
How the matter was resolved sounds like a mistake was acknowledged and (hopefully) rectified.
Old May 24th, 2015, 20:04   #47
Loskie

Not at all. All the people dealt with at the dealer either lied or didnt do what they were supposed to do. NOT AN INDIVIDUAL.

However Volvo customer services (not Parks Volvo Dealership) came good with an acceptable package.

I am still unaware if it was PDI'd properly or not. i think not as some trim was hanging down from the ceiling on collection.

The dealer was absolutely hopeless.

Last edited by Loskie; May 24th, 2015 at 23:02.
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2015, 00:24   #48
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
I'm inclined to think the situation has improved, but for instance at every 6,000 mile service was that done on my 940 after I had to move from the Dulwich main dealer to one in a different area, a new set if brake pads were fitted and when I queried with the service manager the quantity was told that it was correct for the car to use them like that. I started going to an indi and my brake pads started doing 70,000 miles between changes.

Volvo did ring me unasked and asked about my views on the service I was getting from that dealer. Volvo eventually took the franchise away from that dealer I'm pleased to say.
Old May 29th, 2015, 14:52   #49
jamesholley

When living in Oxford, I used D and A Autos in Witney for my V40's and they were excellent.

They also allowed me to purchase used parts which they were more than happy to fit, which saved me money.

A main dealer would not have entertained such an idea.

Once a car is out of warranty, it is better to shop around to get the best value for money.
jamesholley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesholley For This Useful Post: