Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 T5 Project

Views : 1252

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2020, 12:27   #11
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekilt View Post
I may at a later date upgrade to a K16, but that will be after serious engine mods etc in which cas ei can upgrade the Exhaust after, however i still dont want to be too loud. Might do some experiments with 2.5" exhaust se how it does (unless anyone already has?)
hmmm thats a tough one as the K16 is an incredibly expensive process. You would kind of want to buy the parts you need for it rather than having to replace it down the road so really depends how far you want to go.

as for th 2.5" it shouldnt be loud at all so dont worry about that but it will defenitly sound better than the original exhaust and you should defenitly hear more top end. I did with my Powerflow / jetex system and thought it was pretty good, and very subtle.

Here is what you are after for the ferrita
http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-...0c70-exhausts/

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 21:00   #12
v50t5sesport

Mine is the same colour, and a T5, so a very similar car to mine. I agree about the body coloured trim at the bottom of the doors, (mine has it) and it does look better. Occasionally V50's are broken on ebay so you should be able to get some in the correct colour as long as you are prepared to wait. Where is the aux input ? The CD changer is quite old hat now - although someone has created a replacment as long as you have very deep pockets
v50t5sesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 22:16   #13
Thekilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by v50t5sesport View Post
Mine is the same colour, and a T5, so a very similar car to mine. I agree about the body coloured trim at the bottom of the doors, (mine has it) and it does look better. Occasionally V50's are broken on ebay so you should be able to get some in the correct colour as long as you are prepared to wait. Where is the aux input ? The CD changer is quite old hat now - although someone has created a replacment as long as you have very deep pockets
I did see a diesel one down in Cornwall that was up for £500, but was a non runner. Had the wheels I wanted (before I bought them) and the trim etc. Was tempted but as it was a non runner I could arrange for it to be collected as it would have not been worth it.

There was also one in a crash near me in Weymouth which may turn up at some point.

The aux is behind the waterfall/controls in the left just above the pocket there.
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 22:33   #14
v50t5sesport

There is one on ebay at moment breaking https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V50...eff1%7Ciid%3A1
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 09:24   #15
Thekilt

Quote:
There is one on ebay at moment breaking https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V50...eff1%7Ciid%3A1
I have messaged them see what price they come back with, however most of the previous breakers i have asked pricing for charged £200+ for the whole set of skirts/trims which is why i was trying to find a whole one to stip for parts, swap over and then send to the breakers. You never know they may come up trumps.
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 12:08   #16
Tomk1256

My car has medusa wheels also and exactly the same thing. Almost spotless on the outside edge bar a little scuff here and there. Poke your head round the back however... oh my good lord!! white oxidised ally loads of flaking paint on all 4. Something about that wheel design as nice as they look must allow water to fester behind. Hoping to get them refurbed (in grey, the car's black) after the worst of winter is over. Mines a 2006 sport and bodykit transforms the car in my opinion

The project looks cool and best of luck. I have engine envy (2.0d under my bonnet) 😀
Tomk1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 20:56   #17
v50t5sesport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk1256 View Post
My car has medusa wheels also and exactly the same thing. Almost spotless on the outside edge bar a little scuff here and there. Poke your head round the back however... oh my good lord!! white oxidised ally loads of flaking paint on all 4. Something about that wheel design as nice as they look must allow water to fester behind. Hoping to get them refurbed (in grey, the car's black) after the worst of winter is over. Mines a 2006 sport and bodykit transforms the car in my opinion

The project looks cool and best of luck. I have engine envy (2.0d under my bonnet) 😀
Your engine envy would disappear the 1st time you went to fill up. 25mpg is usual for my T5
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 22:12   #18
Thekilt

Quote:
Your engine envy would disappear the 1st time you went to fill up. 25mpg is usual for my T5
I’m averaging 27.5 at present. It’s been going down from 29 the last week mainly due to it being so cold. I only have a 5 mile commute so it’s only just warmed up as I get to work. If it’s longer journey an I’m not flooring it too much I get 29/30.

Thing is it’s soo difficult not to open her up and hear that sweet sound.
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 22:37   #19
Tomk1256

Quote:
Haha. Fair do's although im sure the noise makes up for it. 😀
Tomk1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2023, 14:57   #20
jcksn

Just bought this car, found your profile looking into the suspension - looks like you have looked after it.

Somebody lost the service history but I can see you posted it!

Got any advice on it? Not planning on doing anything with it apart from getting it up to a good standard. Paint is lovely but going to need some work.

Would love an R design kit but seems like a ballache to get it painted!
jcksn is offline   Reply With Quote