Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

GoodBye XC90

Views : 3421

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 20:45   #41
Funky Diver
FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman_returns View Post
The attitude of some posters in this thread is disgusting
No one is berating the OP or their personal circumstances. In fact, I think you will find that folks were quite specific in their posting and are pointing to the lunacy of a system that fleeces folks to keep others in comparative luxury.

The benefits system should be roof over head, food and heat. The basics, and if transport is required then that equally should be basic too.

You will find that the sympathy withheld was in relation to the way the OP was moaning about having to give up a £30k car for a lesser vehicle. It is commendable that they did indeed have enough funds out of their pension to be able to afford some luxuries to make life easier. Unfortunately, by the time I get to see my pension I'll be about ready for the grave anyway as I'll be 90 due to the fact that we'll all be working beyond our years to pay for the luxuries that the system is paying out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman_returns View Post
I wonder how many of you put this much energy into writing to your MP over the expenses scandal, foreign aid which we can't afford or tax evasion by big businesses?
Yup, did that... Although not about those specific issues, my letter was specifically around the insult to tax payers over this very issue, and others related to it.

edit : this bit was / is not intended directly at caveman, more open musing on my part.
This thread should not have been started in here, but it was. You will get divided opinions whether you like it or not. That's life, trying to ignore those opinions is frankly narrow minded.

Last edited by Funky Diver; Apr 2nd, 2013 at 20:46. Reason: Clarity
Funky Diver is offline   Reply With Quote