Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 1.9 TDI -07 ECM CEM issue

Views : 289

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2020, 20:46   #1
catofuglestad

Default V50 1.9 TDI -07 ECM CEM issue

Hei all, Sorry for the long post so hopefully someone can help me.

I had issues with the particulate trap and instead of buying a new one, I ended up drilling it out. This made the engine go in limp mode every now and then. A friend has the KESS / KTAG equipment so we wanted to retreive the data package from ECU (ECM) and send it for update to remove particulate trap, EGR and also apply chip level 1.

During this process, I probably overheated my ECU (while trying to open the lid) and the car did not start after that, and a lot of veird fault codes was generated.
A friend of mine had some contacts and reached out for someone to help. we sent the ECU to Poland. They found the ECU to befaulty and said I had the option to buy a new used one. The new one would have the data transferred from the old one, and also have particulate trap and EGR delete as well as chip stage 1.

after installing the new ECU in the car, the display in dashboard said something like immobilizer active and car did not start with the new ECU either.

poland says the ECU was fine when shipped from poland.

Vida gives me the following fault codes for the car:
• CEM-3A00 ECM, software faulty signal - Incorrect software check sum ECM or CEM
• ECM - 5840 ecm communication problems
• ECM-7100 ecm - qualifier unknown - control module (ECM) has an incorrect code for the immobilizer - The central electronic module (CEM) has an incorrect code for the immobilizer - Damaged engine control module (ECM).

it looks likethe CEM is checking ECM (ECU) and is not happy with the data it receives. That lead me to think the data transfer between the old and new ECU was incomplete?

So im basically stuck at this point. Anyone know how I can proceed to find the fault or to confirm a comunication mismatch between CEM and new ECM?

i Have Vida but are not properly trained in how to use it. Any advice is appriciated.
catofuglestad is offline   Reply With Quote