Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

4 Wheels & Tyres for P/X

Views : 778

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2019, 12:26   #1
MG68

Default 4 Wheels & Tyres for P/X

My recent XC90 purchase has ended with a car that is not economical to repair.

Just before its demise, I had four Goodyear Wrangler All Weather tyres fitted to the 18" Atlantis wheels at a cost of £412. The rims are in fair all round state.

The tyres have had minimal mileage, and are all even, as I had a 4 wheel alignment carried out also.

the wheels are still on the car, and would need to be swapped with any condition XC90 wheel and tyre you might have.

Open to sensible offers.
MG68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 18:20   #2
CondorXC90

Oh dear that sounds awful...........is it not worth selling the car as is, spares or repairs? Someone might want to repair it..........

I understand you need / want to recoup as much as possible and they are worth a fair bit if you have the time, knowledge and space to break it..........

Good luck, sad to hear though - feel free to share what happened if you can warn other owners!!!

XC90 2008 Sport SE Geartronic, sunroof, privacy, heated seats, phone/RTI, Nav, HP Sound,
CondorXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 18:49   #3
MG68

Gutted is not the word, and I am trying to sell the car for spares / repairs, but as most of the offers I am getting are for £300 - £500 with the wheels and new tyres I thought I would get the them off the car and then entertain the low ball offers..
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 20:05   #4
CondorXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG68 View Post
Gutted is not the word, and I am trying to sell the car for spares / repairs, but as most of the offers I am getting are for £300 - £500 with the wheels and new tyres I thought I would get the them off the car and then entertain the low ball offers..
That's awful. Is it a terminal engine failure then? the wheels / tyres must be worth that, at least! Plus other bits like the stereo, satnav if you have one, Nivomats, various engine and body parts........but most of us don't have the space or expertise to dismantle and store! The rear light fittings sell for £75 or so apiece, plus headlights similar - bumpers, doors etc.

Even the leather interior - especially for those with Active (cloth seats)

so sorry to hear.

XC90 2008 Sport SE Geartronic, sunroof, privacy, heated seats, phone/RTI, Nav, HP Sound,
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 10:01   #5
MG68

Just a case of bad luck - while the timing belt was changed 3 years / 45K miles back so well within limits - it managed to slip a few teeth on start up a few weeks back.

Having been quoted £1500 to get a replacement D5 engine fitted, it's just not economical.

Yes, the car is worth a lot more broken - I've seen manual gearboxes going for £500 alone on flea-bay.

If anyone's interested in the wheels / tyres as a PX please get in touch.

Cheers, Mark.
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 18:29   #6
CondorXC90

Gosh, unlucky.....I must say though, £1500 won't buy a decent alternative car and I would personally have had the engine replaced in an otherwise perfectly good xc90, but best wishes with whatever you go with next.........

Old Dec 7th, 2019, 11:39   #7
MG68

Not sure if my PM reached recent recipient, but the tyres are 235 60 18. 103V rating and pictures of the wheels are on Gumtree (Google XC90 wheels gumtree).

Last edited by MG68; Dec 7th, 2019 at 11:54.