Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Recall

Views : 199368

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2014, 22:52   #31
A lex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulxc90 View Post
purchased a 2008 in <March Do I have anything to worry about
Quote:
Originally Posted by A lex View Post
^^^ Call Volvo UK with your chassis or reg number.
This advice still stands.

Just call Volvo
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2014, 09:28   #32
Volvo Ocean Race
Volvo Ocean Race

Default Welcome to club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassos View Post
Messrs Volvo Cars,
Athens, May 7th, 2009

I am the owner of a Volvo XC 90 T6, 2.9 which I bought from Sarakakis S.A., the local distributor of Volvo in Greece. The car was a company car for some high executive of the Group and I bought it in Oct. 2006 with 45,000 km.

Ever since I have lost my peace with the problems arising almost every week with the car.

In August 2007 with 54,000 km I had on my holidays a full failure of the automatic transition system. The car had to stay in service for more than three weeks. Eventually the car was given back to me for use late September 2007, with a new nightmare due to the extended leakeage of a pink fluid which has turned my Garage to an oil factory. I have returned the car for more than ten times to the service and I was told that they need to tight up the screws, needless to say that the transmit ion was not performing as before the trouble. Very soon after the fluid leakeage another problem arose with the light which indicates malfunction of the lamda sensors. I was told to wait till they receive instructions from the factory. The car in December had a full service according to the manufacturer’s instructions. None of the above problems was solved, as I had to bear with the problem.

The last weeks the transmition system was chocking and I had to take it back to the service.

The new findings are: The transmition system needs to be replaced and the three lamda sensors as well. The estimated cost close to Euro 10.000. After my objections they proposed to take a cost of Euro 3.500 - 4000. My comments that the replacement transmition system never operated properly, they had no very much to say.

As you can understand I have invested euro 60,000 on a luxurious Volvo car, back in 2006 and ever since I have lost my sleep and my peace, needless to say the cost and the inconvenience, as I am a heavy travelling consultant.

I want to believe that your serious Company with the excellent name and dream car for many people will not disappoint me this time or another time in the future.

I am looking forward to your kind cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely Yours,

Tassos Moumouris

Car Licence Plate: IZI 9559 VOLVO XC 90 T6 2.9
Hi Tasson
welcome to club - same problems on new 2006 model.

More and more posts like this I saw in last 8 years own a XC90 and Im really sad that Volvo use so many producers and subcontractors with bad quality parts selling to us. So sorry but this is true. No more good reliable Volvo cars.
And how many people never visit forums or place in public this so common problem on Volvo cars. Shame.

I like my car I also invest over 100.000 Euro in 8 years but never again I will purchanse an Volvo. Volvo for life? No !!! for few years and Lexus Forever.
Tassos thanks to place your problem to us. Many friends had a same problem and they ripped tousand Euro out (services, new parts, no guaranty just 2 years in Balkan Volvo dealers ect...) to not mention lost days and weeks on work, holidays, good feelings about one day good name Volvo Sweden...

Update:
09.Febr.2019 from Sept. 2014 I made up to 305.000 km
Volvo Ocean Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 16:16   #33
xc90PL

Hi

I have an 58 plate xc90. But I haven't heard anything. Do you think I should contact my dealer?
xc90PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 16:32   #34
A lex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc90PL View Post
Hi

I have an 58 plate xc90. But I haven't heard anything. Do you think I should contact my dealer?
No, for the 3rd, 4th, 5th time (I dont know) call Volvo UK customer services with the VIN and reg no.

Its not difficult!
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 18:46   #35
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc90PL View Post
Hi

yes indeed , any volvo dealer will tell you if there are any recalls to do ..
Old May 3rd, 2015, 18:25   #36
volvo for ever
Premier Member

as clan says regular visit to deallership they auto matically pick up recalls fro qw90 and attatch to job card its up to owner to take car in for servicing
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 21:36   #37
gb1uk

Ditto to all the above - same problems with mine. Never again will I touch Volvo with a barge pole - too many thousand ponds paid on a brand new car once out of it's warranty period. Still only 50,000 miles and engine in bits again while they try to find the fault this time...P***ssed off doesn't get close. My family car and this has been two months now in the Volvo dealers in Inverness..only 2 courtesy calls in those 2 months to try and update me!!
gb1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2015, 18:19   #38
AB-UK
Premier Member

Just had a routine 5-yr service.
Updated the software apparently but couldn't tell me what for or what had been altered - I consider that to be poor.

However, there was a minor recall issue - something to do with the spare wheel winch. Again, not explained!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2015, 22:40   #39
wrcaston

Sad to hear. I've loved my volvo. Has anyone had their recall and actually needed it doing?
wrcaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 22:31   #40
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
Just had a routine 5-yr service.
Updated the software apparently but couldn't tell me what for or what had been altered - I consider that to be poor.

However, there was a minor recall issue - something to do with the spare wheel winch. Again, not explained!
They CAN tell you which modules were updated but not the content of the updates ... make a point of asking next time before it is done and the technician will write down the modules from the screen in front of him when he is doing it .