Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > AWD Discussion
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

AWD Discussion A forum dedicated to the AWD systems fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

poo poo poo

Views : 3073

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 12:45   #1
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Angry poo poo poo

I bought the BoneWagon from a member of here a while ago, and due to various circumstances, I haven't had the chance to give it a once over until yesterday. It was described as having various issues - rear brakes, engine noise, aircon, etc, but otherwise was straight. I HPI'd it and it was clear so I bought it unseen (it was at the other end of the country).

Its been started regularly and seemed fine, but I noticed a bump in the rear footwell yesterday, looked under the car and found this -

It looks like its come off a ramp and has severely dented the floorpan. I'm not sure that the bent runner strip is replaceable? What do you think? And if it is replaceable is it a common part across the V70 range???

Thanks!
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 21:35   #2
Richardkimber

Thumbs up

Looks nasty, but sometime they look worse than they really are. Does not look like its near any suspension mounts and if the car runs true with out pulling to one side or crabbing you might be ok.
Might just be a matter of replacing some under side panels. But best to get a garage you trust to give you their view.
Good luck.
Past 95: 940 2.3 LPT Manual Estate 178k mls:
Past 96: 850 AWD, 86: 340 (my 1st Volvo)
Richardkimber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richardkimber For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 08:21   #3
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

I've shown some pics to two MoT testers that I know and they've both said it'd pass like that, which is a relief. I was going to take it to a bodyshop for some paintwork to be done, so I'm going to ask him to stick it on a jig and check out the chassis alignment too.

I could have done without that to be honest, but as the rest of the car is lovely the project is going ahead regardless. When I first saw that damage I thought it was going to end up as a breaker
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:28   #4
Richardkimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
I've shown some pics to two MoT testers that I know and they've both said it'd pass like that, which is a relief. I was going to take it to a bodyshop for some paintwork to be done, so I'm going to ask him to stick it on a jig and check out the chassis alignment too.

I could have done without that to be honest, but as the rest of the car is lovely the project is going ahead regardless. When I first saw that damage I thought it was going to end up as a breaker
Good idea to check chassis alignment.
Past 95: 940 2.3 LPT Manual Estate 178k mls:
Past 96: 850 AWD, 86: 340 (my 1st Volvo)
Richardkimber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richardkimber For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:39   #5
Djgregory

Did the member not mention this in the advert?

if not i would not be happy, has he given any explanantion?
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 12:41   #6
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djgregory View Post
Did the member not mention this in the advert?

if not i would not be happy, has he given any explanantion?
No, not a hint about it. I suspect he did know about it though, as he kept on saying that I could break it and make a profit... To be honest I can't be bothered about getting into an argument with him over it. I bought it as a project, and thats what it is. Seriously miffed don't get me wrong, but its just another job in a long long list...
Old Dec 12th, 2014, 21:02   #7
Boomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
No, not a hint about it. I suspect he did know about it though, as he kept on saying that I could break it and make a profit... To be honest I can't be bothered about getting into an argument with him over it. I bought it as a project, and thats what it is. Seriously miffed don't get me wrong, but its just another job in a long long list...
You suspect wrongly.I had no idea.Did it look fresh? Maybe the guy who collected / delivered the car for you did it? The bricks in front of the wheels on my angled drive were in almost the exact same places they were before the car left, so I assume he drove over them.

I'm happy to post all our PM's for all to read so they can see how delighted you were with the car once delivered and how I let you have the entire thing for the price I was offered for the seats and bumper.

I "kept on" (I think I mentioned it twice during approx 15 PM's?) about breaking it because as I also said, I HATE wasting peoples time and messing anyone around and if the engine noise etc led to this being too costly, you could easily strip it and make your money back.I wanted it to get the attention it deserved, but I sold it for less than I could so you would not feel cheated should this not be worthwhile.

I listed all I could remember that was wrong with this car.Every.Single.Thing.The seller before did not show me the same courtesy and I paid a hell of a lot more for it not that long before you took ownership.

I won't be bothering again.Rather than join the ranks of the 'dodgy' ebay users who declare nothing, I will start stripping any future cars and lessen the chance of having my good nature, character and 100% feedback tarnished.

Last edited by Boomy; Dec 12th, 2014 at 22:43.
Boomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2015, 21:49   #8
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

That does look very recent. No dirt in there at all that I can see.
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 17:06   #9
sunshinetours

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
That does look very recent. No dirt in there at all that I can see.
Presumably this has all been sorted as an old post
Old Aug 9th, 2015, 22:59   #10
Boomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinetours View Post
Presumably this has all been sorted as an old post

If you are interested...

From what I have read, he loves the car.That didn't stop him taking great pleasure in pointing out that he was slagging me off on numerous other forums, though.I found a few to defend myself, but there were more apparently and I would imagine they included the same name-calling etc.

Rather than speak to me at any point (he could have had his money back without question), he was going to seek legal action apparently!! That fact alone describes the type of character I was dealing with.A supposed Volvo fan, sharing the same passion, whom I let have a car for a very low price with a stack of honestly listed faults (it was still fine to drive) who then decided to get advice on taking legal action against me because he found a few more.There wasn't so much as an email or PM to suggest anything was wrong; I simply found out by mistake when browsing forums.

He didn't believe a single word I said, so it would appear he simply looks for the bad in everyone and everything.I would imagine he has had issues in the past?

My advice? Never sell him anything.
Boomy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boomy For This Useful Post: