Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Television Documentary

Views : 1255

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 19th, 2013, 12:21   #1
Title Role

Default Television Documentary

Hi,

My name is Laura Robinson & I'm a Researcher for Manchester based television company, Title Role Productions.

I'd posted a thread in General Volvo and Motoring Discussions to see if somebody could help me. Some of your members kindly pointed me in the direction of this thread as the people to speak to!

I'm on the look out for a Yellow Volvo 240GL Sedan (I'm not sure if this model was available in the UK) or anything at all that has a similar appearance - it doesn't necessarily be a Volvo make, but I thought this would be the best place to start! The guys on the other forum said somebody here may have a early 244 that would be the shot?

I need it to use in some drama reconstructions as part of a documentary series we are producing for Foxtel in Australia and their broadcaster here in the UK.

The dates we are hoping to film are the 16th, 17th & 18th August in or around the Greater Manchester area. It's not likely the car will be needed for all of these dates, but just to give you an idea. We will of course happily offer a small fee for the use.

Does anyone have anything suitable?

Many thanks,
Laura.
Title Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 20:01   #2
lixah
Master Member

sounds interesting, im sure there is someone here that can help out!
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 00:45   #3
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Seeing as I'm replying to everything this evening, haha...

There are plenty of 240GLs about, however you may have trouble finding one in yellow as it's a fairly rare colour, only available on early cars that I'm aware of. white and silver are much more common if you can adjust the colour in post production.

It may also be worth mentioning the year of the car required if your script is set in a particular time period, as the 240 received several facelifts over its lifetime.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 16:51   #4
Title Role

Fingers crossed lixah!

Thanks for the heads up, Wooble. If it's not possible to find one in yellow, we'd definitely consider another colour. The reconstructions are set in 1996, so anything pre that would great.

I've attached a picture of the actual car too as I'm not great with my descriptions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA Car.jpg (95.5 KB, 35 views)
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 19:31   #5
Magnumpi
Master Member

There is this one that was posted for sale a week or so ago, i reckon its as close a match as you will find :

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=185014

Wanted 240 parts: Front black hockey sticks
Saloon rear lights
Front suspension struts
Magnumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 13:28   #6
Title Role

Thanks for that link, I'll look into it now.