Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Auto Tailgate close function group buy.

Views : 270197

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2016, 18:30   #31
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
Well thats all but one (still waiting for an address) posted now. At some point this week I may even get around to fitting my own.

Cheers
Simon
Thanks for all your help in getting these. I look forward to receiving it and fitting. No more big effort to reach up and press the button
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2016, 23:17   #32
Whyman
Premier Member

Simon,

Many thanks for sorting the group buy.

Mine was delivered some time ago but the postman manage to hide so I only found it yesterday, and fitted it today. It works a treat.

Mark,

Thank you for your two photos which were a great help for me as it also applies to 2013 XC60s.

For those who have not fitted their's yet on the XC60 you do have to remove the upper part of the window surround first. It is on this that the very delicate clips are fitted. I managed to break 3 of the 8 so will off to the dealers to order some more.

For me the refitting the top section was the trickiest part of the whole job.
Old Jul 30th, 2016, 11:23   #33
wassap

Any still going? I dont get my new car till sept 9th (brand new FWD D4 R Design Lux), but could i order one now?
wassap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2016, 22:28   #34
huib berger

I've installed one a few weeks ago. Delivery was only a few days after my payment of 50 + 5 euro. The instructions given are very clear and helped me to finish this small project in under an hour.
The auto-close system works great, both from the key and from the switch inside the car, just a matter of pressing the switch a little longer.

Please note that the units and the instructions may differ from year to year and from one Volvo type to another. I had to provide the VIN number with my order.
huib berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2016, 21:51   #35
blawreoooo

Hi All
Normally I just lurk hear. But I just ordered one of these modules last week from Evgeny and fitted it today. It works brilliantly. If you are into a bit of DIY it is highly recommended.
Ordered on the 8th, arrived and fitted today. Great service.
Old Aug 23rd, 2016, 21:59   #36
Traviance

Talking

Hi TT82,

Tried to PM you but not enough post count to do so as normally just read up on the forums and haven't posted really on here.

Just a quick question to see if you still had any of the Auto Tailgate fixes left for me to purchase one? also a install guide?

this is to have it come down from the key fob isn't it? would be a great help as I'm disabled and sometimes with others getting stuff out of the boot can help a lot rather than taking 10 minutes to explain to push the button lol.

Mine is a 16 Plate XC60.

If you could let me know either way and if you don't have any if you could just let me know where to get it from ill get one either way.

Thank you very much for your help, I understand I'm a little late to the party on this.

Xander Theodore-King
Traviance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2016, 23:10   #37
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traviance View Post
Hi TT82,

Tried to PM you but not enough post count to do so as normally just read up on the forums and haven't posted really on here.

Just a quick question to see if you still had any of the Auto Tailgate fixes left for me to purchase one? also a install guide?

this is to have it come down from the key fob isn't it? would be a great help as I'm disabled and sometimes with others getting stuff out of the boot can help a lot rather than taking 10 minutes to explain to push the button lol.

Mine is a 16 Plate XC60.

If you could let me know either way and if you don't have any if you could just let me know where to get it from ill get one either way.

Thank you very much for your help, I understand I'm a little late to the party on this.

Xander Theodore-King
This is the person who makes them with his email Evgeny Kosourov <modulorder@mail.ru>
Mhsporting has one for sale for a MY2016 XC70. Evgeny will be able to tell you if it will fit your XC60
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 18:18   #38
MkayXC

Is this still ongoing?
MkayXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2016, 21:50   #39
scuba0576
VOC Member

Hi
Just email Evgeny and pay him through PayPal and he will send you one.
Ordered mine this week, just awaiting delivery from Russia.
You will need to give him the model and year of your vehicle.
Rob
Old Dec 7th, 2016, 13:06   #40
Michael by Sea

Default XC60 Tailgate fault

My auto tailgate on the XC60 has failed (Sept 2010 L reg) and may be ridiculously expensive to repair. I'm thinking it might make more sense to spend money on having it adapted to a manual tailgate? Is this a)Possible b) Reasonably Cheap and c) What does it involve?

Any help or advice on this gratefully received!
Michael by Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael by Sea For This Useful Post: