Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70R - Manual - Saffron - For Sale

Views : 3572

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 19:48   #1
stedman
VOC Member

Default V70R - Manual - Saffron - For Sale

Spec/Car basics:

Volvo V70R Registered 1st August 1997 - R530 TPX (Currently on UDR 639, car will be sold on R530 TPX 'plate)
Saffron Orange
Standard M59 Manual Gearbox with visco-differential
Currently on 147066 Miles
MOT until 2nd April 2015, Passed with no advisories.
Taxed until 31st August 2014.

The car is fully HPI clear, The car also comes with 1 key with Alarm fob, The original owners book holder containing all the service and owners manuals. It also comes with a raft of service sheets and invoices - I have kept every single one in my ownership period. It also haos old MOTs, and every single MOT it's gone through with me.

Engine and Exhaust:

Standard B5234T5 engine, Stock 18T turbo with angled exhaust housing. Compression tests were done in December and every cylinder is bang on 170PSI, not bad for a 17 year old car. Even better that it uses no oil. Plugs were also changed in December when the map went on simply because, well, because! Always ran on Shell V-Power/Optimax for last 4 years at least.
Tim Williams Throttle Body Mod on the inlet manifold that gives you much better throttle response.
ME7 Manifold ported.
3inch MAF to Turbo pipe.
75mm THC intercooler and Reverse Intercooler Pipework.
T5D5 community remap.
3 inch downpipe heat wrapped with decat attached to a Milltek. This video was taken before the map went on, and the car really gives a lovely warble now. The ONE thing I didn't want when changing the exhaust was an overly loud, droney pipe. Around town this is near enough standard and only screams when you open it up. I have honestly had so many compliments on how this car sounds it's unbelievable, even from blokes with R8s, 458s etc. Quiet when you want it to be quiet, and opens up when you want it to open up.
The car was rolling roaded back in November 2011 with only the downpipe, exhaust, manifolds and standard map. That alone was 274BHP with 354nm of torque all the way across the rev-range. I have no hesitation in saying this has significantly increased since the T5D5 map has gone on. The torque is also useable and not all RICA-ish and 'BOOM in your face and welcome to wheelspin city'.
On the standard map this car was doing 60-100 in 7.9/8.0 seconds. Post T5D5 map it does it in 6.6/6.7 seconds. It was lovely and driveable before the map, now it's just silly smooth.

Exterior:

Standard V70R bodykit, Saffron Orange, Genuine Volvo Mudflaps all-round and Genuine Volvo C70 crystal headlights and indictors.

Interior:

Standard V70R interior, Half leather half alacantara electric seats with drivers memory with both heated seats working, Genuine Volvo V70R floormats, climate control that WORKS and has been rebuilt recently.

Wheels & Tyres:

Standard V70R 17" x 7J Comets with matching spare, and a 6th Comet too! The 6th doesn't have a tyre, the other 5 are running 215/45/17s. The fronts are Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs and the rears are Goodyear Eagle F1s.

Brakes:

Genuine discs all round. 302mm up front. All calipers have been replaced in the 4 years of my ownership.ATE Super Racing Blue DOT 4 Brake fluid.

Suspension:

Gaz Gold coilovers. New top mounts 3 years ago. The standard items will come with the car too. Genuine wishbones done when I purchased the car with new droplinks. The car also has IPD ARBs both front and rear. I will be throwing in a complete set of Sponge's subframe inserts AND 4 x 16 inch S70/V70 T5 wheels incase the new owner wants to get winter tyres. It also comes with a genuine Volvo strut brace.

In car entrainment:

Volvo headunit (SC900). Unfortunately the radio nor the 3CD changer works, but the IPOD connection ('USA SPEC') through the 6CD changer DOES work. I have no idea if it's just the aerial or the headunit itself that is at fault, but I do know the SC900 headunits are troublesome. Factory Volvo alarm and additional CAT 1 alarm/immobiliser.

Owner History:

The car has had 6 previous owners in its lifetime. The first was Avis cars, and i'm still in contact with the previous owner which is a testament to the car. I have owned the car for nearly 5 years now and it's never let me down.

Service History:

PDI July 1997 with 7 miles on the clock - Kings of Southampton Volvo

Registered 01/08/1997

4,162 Miles - 10/97 Kings of Southampton Volvo
23,383 Miles - 02/07/98 Caterham Volvo
35,559 Miles - 22/04/99 Caterham Volvo
47,359 Miles - 26/11/99 Caterham Volvo
59,447 Miles - 18/07/00 Caterham Volvo
70,811 Miles - 20/02/01 Caterham Volvo
80,804 Miles - 21/11/01 Caterham Volvo
92,503 Miles - 27/07/02 Redditch Volvo
114,350 Miles - 12/02/07 HLM Volvo
128,805 Miles - 14/06/10 Gatwick Volvo

The car did have an oil and filter change between these two services, but I can't figure out which receipt is which for the oil and filters.

135,172 Miles - 01/06/11 AMK Gatwick
139,064 Miles - 19/03/12 MRG Volvo
142,811 Miles - 30/10/12 AMK Gatwick
144,103 Miles - 03/04/13 MRG Volvo
146,066 Miles - 27/03/14 F1 Autocentre.

As mentioned the car was last MOT'd on the 2nd of this month and passed with no advisories!

Notable work done in my ownership period:

July 2009 - Cambelt + Water Pump and Pulleys.
December 2009 - Heater Matrix replaced.
January 2010 - Throttle Cable done and injectors with a genuine fuel filter.
April 2010 - Brass Gear Linkage bushes.
May 2010 - New Front caliper, genuine Volvo arms, CV boots and IPD ARBs installed.
June 2010 - New Rear caliper.
September 2010 - PCV changed. Genuine Volvo parts.
March 2011 - New Crystal Lens for the NSF headlight.
May 2011 - The other 2 calipers changed for new ones and the dipstick+housing changed for the newer type that doesn't break off in your hand.
July 2011 - Top mounts, Gaz suspension etc.
May 2012 - Aircon regassed to find the leak.
June 2012 - Condenser, receiver dryer/accumulator and associated pipework changed for brand new items.
March 2013 - Compressor changed for a brand new unit as the last one burnt out. Air con regassed.
June 2013 - Nearly brand new radiator was fitted with the intercooler (thanks Mo.) Nothing wrong with the original, but like I say, the one Mo gave me was near enough brand new! (We all know what Mo is like with cars and car parts...except his wife).

Exterior/Interior condition:

The exterior is in generally a good condition. I had the front end resprayed in the first year of my ownership, only to have the nearside front wing and nearside rear door keyed. I then went onto scrape the front offside corner 2 weeks after. Sods law.
Last week after 5 years of parking in my underground space I scraped the nearside rear slightly. Photos are included.
The car has NO RUST. The drivers seat is worn, but the rest are good, infact the rear is near enough brand new. Sunroof doesn't leak and works smoothly. The car also comes with the load cover that retracts properly and the netting that pops out of the back of the seats and clips into the roof.

Bad bits:

The radio doesn't work, but i've already highlighted that. The front passenger window is slow to go down. The rear end has a rattle that MRG nor Tim can actually find. Tim tightened bits up, and it stopped....for about 5 hours. It's never been highlighted in an MOT, and I unfortunately don't have to space to get it up on a ramp to mess about. The drivers seat is worn, as it the gearstick. The aluminium trim isn't great around the gearstick but I WILL chuck in an unmarked set of these (glovebox, radio surround and gearstick surround that are like new).

Summary:

I feel i've pretty much covered everything that needs to be covered. This is a good car that has it's marks but wont cripple you financially in the next few years.

To put it simply;

It doesn't use oil or water,
It carries on going and going,
It's been really well looked after these past 5 years,
It pulls very well,
Everything electrical works (bar the radio)
I will be throwing in extras such as the 6th Comet wheel, unmarked near enough new brushed aluminium trim for the gearstick and radio surround and glovebox, 4 x 16inch T5 wheels incase the new owner wants to get some winter tyres, AND Sponge's subframe inserts.

Price:

I am looking for £2700 ono for the car.

The car is located in the Gatwick area.

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss the car further.

Pictures to be uploaded later on this evening.
stedman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stedman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 22:56   #2
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Arggh, this makes me sad! Miss mine. Mustn't. It's the wrong colour, for a start...

Good luck with it.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 11:29   #3
stedman
VOC Member

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stedman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 12:07   #4
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

lovely exterior.

GLWS
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 12:26   #5
John_C
Allons-y!

That is a lovely, lovely car. Sensibly modified too.

There are so few good ones left I can only see them appreciating from here. Well, I hope so anyway

Good luck with the sale, I'd have it if I didn't already have an R.

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 13:09   #6
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
That is a lovely, lovely car. Sensibly modified too.

There are so few good ones left I can only see them appreciating from here. Well, I hope so anyway

Good luck with the sale, I'd have it if I didn't already have an R.

Cheers,
John
Ditto, looks lovely. Good luck with the sale
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 22:29   #7
JulianD

Hi
Is the car still available?
I'm interested if it is. Could you PM me some contact details so I could give you a call?
Julian
JulianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 16:15   #8
stedman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianD View Post
Hi
Is the car still available?
I'm interested if it is. Could you PM me some contact details so I could give you a call?
Julian
Yes it is. I will PM you my details.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 16:32   #9
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Best sounding Milltek by far..BLWTS Stedders..

Last edited by strbryan; Apr 4th, 2014 at 16:35.
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 18:23   #10
stedman
VOC Member

Deposit received.