Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hu 803 missing inputs

Views : 894

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 28th, 2018, 22:55   #1
IJMOK

Default Hu 803 missing inputs

Hi, not my car but partner's dads 2003 V70, is fitted with a hu803, some years ago I helped him fit a grom unit and post some issues with the jumpers in the grom unit it has worked flawlessly since,
When I was over the other week he said it had stopped working, and upon inspection both the built in 4 CD changer and the "CD changer" that had been running the grom were missing from the source menu, I can't even eject the CD's stuck in the unit.
I found an old thread that suggested removing the battery for 20 mins, having tried that it still wasn't sorted, so does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions on how to fix it, my understanding is that its software coded to the car else ebay would seem the obvious solution, he's having a knee replaced shortly so I'm intent on taking his baby over for a few weeks and sorting out a few niggles.
IJMOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 01:55   #2
davebb
Premier Member

Hi you select external cd player for the grom , if that still does not work you can reset the grom , go to there website for info ,
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 16:30   #3
IJMOK

Hi Dave, thanks for trying, the option to select the external CD isn't in the source menu on the radio, neither is the built in CD player, they seem to of vanished as that's exactly how we used to access them

Rob
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 17:04   #4
davebb
Premier Member

Hi. Rob
Try
removing the power from the stereo and see if that resets it,
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 09:38   #5
IJMOK

Hi Dave,

I took the head unit out and checked the connections, they seemed good but were reseated anyway to be sure, I have a copy of vida so had to clear the airbag code from doing this, noting else showered up when i was connected

Then i took the battery off for 20 minutes but no improvement,

Rob
Old May 7th, 2018, 14:28   #6
IJMOK

So I thought I should follow this up,
It magically fixed it's self in the end,
No idea what sorted it in the end but both missing inputs re appeared at the same time
I'm wary that it will re occour and will update if it does
I had reset as above but that was around a week before it righted itself

Sorry that's not much help for anyone looking at this down the line

Rob
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 07:40   #7
Jays V70

Ah Bugger! Had hoped this would be the solution to my issue! Exactly the same with a Grom plugged which was all working fine, then loose all sources (Cd 4 disc player in unit and the "external multi player")!!!!

Guess I'll try the reset trick and see what happens!!!!!
Jays V70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2022, 16:51   #8
mikepday

Default missing CD4 and CD chgr inputs

any one got any further with this?
my 803 has ditched both CD inputs in the top line of the radio display, only gives FM and AM options now.
this subsequently has removed power to my Xcarlink Bluetooth module which was plugged into the CD Chgr input.

disconnected the battery today for 45mins and also tried removing the Fuses to no avail.

its as though the Radio has lost the software to recognise the CD inputs.

Mike.

edit! it has also lost the treble on the rear speakers!! is this an AMP issue?

Ex V70,XC90, XC70

Last edited by mikepday; Dec 9th, 2022 at 16:58.
mikepday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 15:42   #9
mikepday

Default its back! HU803 fully serviceable.

So today I finally relented and removed the Radio unit (remembering to disconnect the battery NEG lead first if you intend to also fully disconnect the Climate unit or you'll get the fault code up on the dash which requires VIDA to reset).

I checked the connections, checked the fuse on the XCARLINK bluetooth unit, and disconnected everything and removed the HU803 head unit from the car.

All the cables seem fine no issues with anything or any fuses, so after approx 20mins of fiddling about I reconnected the radio and the Climate unit and put the battery NEG lead back on, LO and behold! the HU803 has found all its inputs including the XCARLINK that sits in the CD CHGR input.

NO idea how this happened, but it seems that a full disconnect gave it the chance to reset (i'd have thought the 45mins without battery last month would have done that but.....apparently not.)

If yours has lost its inputs, teach it a lesson and remove it!

Ex V70,XC90, XC70
mikepday is offline   Reply With Quote