Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Advice needed on seat electrics / general queries

Views : 564

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2015, 10:29   #1
Zogar

Default Advice needed on seat electrics / general queries

Hi there

Apologises if I haven't posted correctly , just finding my way round !

I'm now the proud owner of the XC90, bought privately with a few issues but nothing too major I hope !

My question first is the panel for the electric seat was badly damaged and I just took it to Volvo for a service and a replacement control panel. This was fixed by Volvo but the sponge seat below the leather is still visable . Have they installed it properly ??
Various other parts ordered were incorrect so I know have to take it back again .
Various other cosmetic things could do with replacing such as the electric window buttons are cracked and the light out on the volume button . Volvo advised me that both these things need replacing in their entirety . Which seems costly to fix a few niggly things ??

I can upload a photo of the seat .

The stitching on the seat has come undone ( not ripped ) on both front seats but Volvo have advised to replace the whole seat !!! Seems extreme when it just needs restitching .

Sorry I've gone off subject slightly !

Zoe
Zogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 19:40   #2
cassell
Member since 1988

Wink

Hi Zoe,

May I suggest you re-post this in the XC90 section of the forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable, friendly owners on there who will be able to give good honest advice to you.

Someone may also have the parts you mention at a lower cost than new ones from Volvo!

Welcome to XC90 ownership, a good choice and whilst sometimes costly to keep running, you have invested in a very well built, safe and nice-driving car.

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 21:53   #3
Zogar

Thank you Paul, I appreciate the advice .

So pleased with car , after having a VW Sharan previously , I now feel like queen of the road !!!!! VW are so last year !

Best wishes

Zoe
Zogar is offline   Reply With Quote