Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 2.4 D SE Gamble

Views : 714

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2020, 09:06   #11
ksmi
Master Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Nice one, but a Moose?
They came over to Scotland as pets with the Viking long ships and then escaped. They started breeding in Nessy country. There is a traditional song,found on an ancient papyrus by a member of Lord Rockinghams X1 and named by them 'There's a moose loose about this hoose' Further info can be obtained from that well known Viking historian biggbn

Regards,Keith.

Last edited by ksmi; Jan 18th, 2020 at 09:09.
ksmi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ksmi For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 17:34   #12
kennyt5

Lots of Moose loose in Manchester

Last edited by kennyt5; Jan 18th, 2020 at 17:37.
kennyt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 17:38   #13
kennyt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
Seriously though at that price you need to brush up on your haggling techniques.

I did try for £99.50
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 19:10   #14
sv70

Come on pal,you've got to come clean with this one,it'either a wind up or you are one lucky b------,did you forget to tell us that it was your best mate selling it,or that in the deal you have to do some [special favours] or the seller was not all there,as scrapyard would have paid more than that,and just a bumper and rear lights would have got more,i appreciate some people couldn't be bothered to strip for parts,but a few items,taken off and it would still be a runner and get more than a ton,anyway if you got it for that you should have bought a lottery ticket same day.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 22:12   #15
kennyt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
Come on pal,you've got to come clean with this one,it'either a wind up or you are one lucky b------,did you forget to tell us that it was your best mate selling it,or that in the deal you have to do some [special favours] or the seller was not all there,as scrapyard would have paid more than that,and just a bumper and rear lights would have got more,i appreciate some people couldn't be bothered to strip for parts,but a few items,taken off and it would still be a runner and get more than a ton,anyway if you got it for that you should have bought a lottery ticket same day.
100% Genuine, the guy wanted it to go to a good home rather than it being scrapped. It could have turned out a very expensive repair bill for me (that was the gamble). The chap who sold it to be is local and knows I have owned a V70 T5 (p80) for over 13 years and I'm an enthusiast.
Some people like myself just hate seeing cars scrapped and would give them away to the right person. In the past I've given a perfect SAAB 900 away for free, and next week my Mercedes clk 230k 2004 with mot is going to a guy for £50, because he wants to and will spend time and money on her.
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 22:40   #16
sv70

Fair play to you pal,i am convinced,i suppose what goes round comes round and this time it just was your turn,and nice that you saved this one from the grave as you say too many go that way because repair costs outweigh the cars value,especially if you aren't handy with spanners,cheers
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sv70 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 23:27   #17
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

There are some very nice V70s around for not very much money at present. I can't match 'kennyt5's deal, but I only paid £550 for mine (2000V Ph1) 3.5 years ago from a dealer. Just passed 12k in it today with no major issues. They're definitely out there!

Regards, John.