Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Driver Connect

Views : 1669

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2020, 21:18   #1
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Default Volvo Driver Connect

Anybody going to join Driver Connect, I got an email today but I don't think I will bother. Others may like to take part.

We would like to invite you to express your interest in taking part in the Volvo Community, helping Volvo Car Corporation in Sweden to create the cars and mobility of the future.

In Volvo's new online meeting place – Drivers Connect, you have access to an exciting place to engage and interact with Volvo, and other Volvo owners.

Volvo Car Corporation has created Drivers Connect community in cooperation with InSites Consulting.

By participating in the community, you will get access to:

– Interesting and thought provoking questions and subjects that will inspire and help the product developers at Volvo Cars Corporation to shape future cars and mobility

– The Volvo Drivers lounge, a forum where you can discuss and share your ideas, tips, recommendations and your car and driving experiences with other Volvo owners.

– The opportunity to be part of a monthly price draw held on the community.

Please also be aware, we design our topics and activities so that they do not take up too much of your time to participate in.

We are looking for input and feedback from a range of individuals and model owners. Therefore, when registering you will be asked several qualifying questions, about you and your Volvo. Once completed, you will be advised immediately if you are able to join Drivers Connect at this time. If unsuccessful on this occasion your interest will be noted and considered for future opportunities to join.

DRIVERS CONNECT
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 22:42   #2
ACH166753

I joined up a few days ago, seems pretty bare at the moment.

Hopefully InSites/Volvo actually do something with the platform - would really like to see Volvo asking owners for specific feedback to influence future direction
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 22:43   #3
Murph7355

I joined the other day.

It's been going 8mths at least looking at last post dates!! And is really quiet.

I've posted up asking why Volvo are expending effort on it when a forum like this exists. Canvas opinions on here, offer bargains on here in exchange for input etc...or even just pay their web bods to read on here about where they are going right/wrong

Couldn't help but add that they should maybe spend more money on designing their door locks instead!
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Murph7355 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 11:29   #4
Mad Malc

Is this the site? https://volvoconnect.com/. It just gives a white screen for me.
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 11:35   #5
EssexExile
Master Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Malc View Post
Is this the site? https://volvoconnect.com/. It just gives a white screen for me.
I get the login screen but I haven't had the email yet. Perhaps they don't want troublemakers.
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 21:10   #6
St Evelyn
VOC Member

I was a member of this (or one very, very similar) 2-3 years ago, but there never seemed to be any tasks and I ended up closing the tab and forgetting all about it.

Then got an email to join this one a week or so ago and obliged; as previously stated, it's quite quiet on there with no active questionnaires to complete at present. Still got the same frustrating forum administration though where it shows when a topic was started rather than the last post.

I'm hoping that they launch a task / questionnaire soon otherwise I can see me getting bored of logging in to such a quiet forum quite quickly..

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 16:05   #7
roundyuk

I've been on this for quite some time, I get quite a few questionnaires and completed some of the early stuff around creating posts.....I got bored quickly and when I read some of the T&Cs for a 50 quid gift card I gave up with it all. I might have a mooch back on it again when I get bored...
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 17:13   #8
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Received a notification this afternoon that there was a survey around radio notifications available. Clicked in and completed in less than 10 mins - here's hoping this becomes a regular thing now.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to St Evelyn For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 00:41   #9
Murph7355

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
Received a notification this afternoon that there was a survey around radio notifications available. Clicked in and completed in less than 10 mins - here's hoping this becomes a regular thing now.
Also got the same.

We'll see what comes of it, but tbh the topic doesn't make me think it'll be anything ground breaking
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 08:31   #10
Velocio

The problem with a company sponsored forum for their customers, is what happens when the customers are critical of the company?

Apple are very quick to shut down and delete mentions of issues with their hardware for example.

If we participate we'd be giving Volvo three things:
1) Free market research (sounds good, but you should be being paid for this)
2) Control over the visibility of criticism and discussions (by default private, whereas on this forum if a quality issue appears every Volvo owner could see and discuss it)
3) Control over the nature of the conversation (they could take strong criticism further private to suppress information that might be costly to them, i.e. if something required a recall)

Whilst I'm personally glad Volvo are seeking a more direct connection with their customers than the traditional market research they would have done... I'm also very wary as the test of these things is what happens when the feedback is critical? We would be fools to invest too much into a market research forum thinking it is anything more than a market research forum, especially if by contributing there it leads to the decline of the open fora we already have like this website and the multitude of other Volvo owner communities.
Velocio is offline   Reply With Quote