Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY21 is out now

Views : 16791

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 14th, 2020, 18:53   #11
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
@Volvolover. That symbol as your avatar, that is the exact symbol which keeps randomly popping up on my car dash. Is this from the connected safety malarky?

Yes it is. If you loose traction on one or more wheels then it pops up. It can pop up to warn you if any other car has lost traction around you, but it is not explained for how long the warning stays active.
Do you push your car hard at corners or roundabouts!?
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo s60 2001 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 19:13   #12
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
Yes it is. If you loose traction on one or more wheels then it pops up. It can pop up to warn you if any other car has lost traction around you, but it is not explained for how long the warning stays active.
Do you push your car hard at corners or roundabouts!?
Not really. Not since I bought it off the lease company and started paying for my own tyres.

It went through a phase of triggering almost every day on the approach to the roundabout near my house when I would have being doing only 20mph or so.

I thought the cloud was something to do with rain, but actually I guess it means that warning is coming from the computer cloud....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 20:21   #13
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
@Volvolover. That symbol as your avatar, that is the exact symbol which keeps randomly popping up on my car dash. Is this from the connected safety malarky?
Yes it is Philip
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 20:25   #14
Dilinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Wireless charging will only be available in the SPA2 platform.
Wireless charging is already available on MY21 XC60’s and you can configure it in volvo official website - for Netherlands at least.
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dilinger For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 02:44   #15
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
Wireless charging is already available on MY21 XC60’s and you can configure it in volvo official website - for Netherlands at least.
True... i have seen it already. Also a new advanced filter for cabine that keeps consistently and constantly monitoring particles, dangerous ones, inside and outside the vehicle. First image on the link, in the first comment in this thread. I feel cheated. Just because i bought mine October 2018 and a little more than one year has passed and MY21 has already a bunch of new things, just like illuminated running boards as an accessory.

A lot of stuff already. To not mention interior, panel doors and seats also, outside shiny blacks for the R-Design. I have never seen any other brand doing this. What other brands do, is that they make a restyling in the middle of the model life and they change more or less according to their decisions. Sometimes it's just a slightly change on the optics, sometimes it's the front bumper or rear one also and some minor changes in the interior.

But they (other brands) do not do this. Every damn year according to this bull**** of MY19, MY20, MY21, Volvo is always making changes. It's unfair to the ones who bought the car before.

XC60 is a late 2017 car, when it came out.
It almost seems that XC60 was projected and made like some kinda of fast food order and then after it was out, they are putting things back together, year by year. Still completing it... this is the idea i have. All these new things coming with MY21, should have been already a reality back when XC60 came out.

Other brands don't do this... i really like my car but Volvo is still such a wannabe brand. Volvo wants to be premium and it might be already but for sure a long way distance from the Germans.

In 4/5 years from now, when i will buy a new car, keeping the tradition alive i hope, if i am in good health, physically and financially speaking, i almost bet it won't be another Volvo.

These are my sincere words about what i think. I had to say what is in my heart. Sometimes a little bit disappointed with this brand i chose for my actual car.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Feb 16th, 2020 at 03:33.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 09:04   #16
jonnyu

Are you sure you are talking about the wireless charging of the car?
I don't see that option anywhere. Maybe something got messed up on your translation from Dutch to English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post

Last edited by jonnyu; Feb 17th, 2020 at 09:07.
jonnyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 10:15   #17
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
True... i have seen it already. Also a new advanced filter for cabine that keeps consistently and constantly monitoring particles, dangerous ones, inside and outside the vehicle. First image on the link, in the first comment in this thread. I feel cheated. Just because i bought mine October 2018 and a little more than one year has passed and MY21 has already a bunch of new things, just like illuminated running boards as an accessory.

A lot of stuff already. To not mention interior, panel doors and seats also, outside shiny blacks for the R-Design. I have never seen any other brand doing this. What other brands do, is that they make a restyling in the middle of the model life and they change more or less according to their decisions. Sometimes it's just a slightly change on the optics, sometimes it's the front bumper or rear one also and some minor changes in the interior.

But they (other brands) do not do this. Every damn year according to this bull**** of MY19, MY20, MY21, Volvo is always making changes. It's unfair to the ones who bought the car before.

It almost seems that XC60 was projected and made like some kinda of fast food order and then after it was out, they are putting things back together, year by year. Still completing it... this is the idea i have. All these new things coming with MY21, should have been already a reality back when XC60 came out.

Other brands don't do this... i really like my car but Volvo is still such a wannabe brand. Volvo wants to be premium and it might be already but for sure a long way distance from the Germans.

In 4/5 years from now, when i will buy a new car, keeping the tradition alive i hope, if i am in good health, physically and financially speaking, i almost bet it won't be another Volvo.

These are my sincere words about what i think. I had to say what is in my heart. Sometimes a little bit disappointed with this brand i chose for my actual car.
I personally dont blame them for amending details slightly each year, they are hoping after 2 or 3 years we feel the ‘need’ to upgrade to the newer version. Apple have been very successful like this with their I-phones and my son/daughter and wife all fall for the new model marketing hype and ‘have’ to upgrade every 2-3 years (annually if they had their way). Again imho the annual Volvo upgrade can be a backward step - personally I much prefer the satin silver accents on the 2018-19 XC90 R-Design to the black on the 20 model. Also I prefer the 2018-19 model straight spoked alloy wheels to the ‘cranked’ spoke versions on the 20 version but I do understand others will feel differently and that is why there are so many versions/options available tank goodness.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocamper For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 10:35   #18
xsaab
Master Member

What is this "wireless charging" is it the main battery, what does it need - a huge coil over which you park etc etc
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 10:56   #19
AB-UK
Premier Member

Probably just refers to wireless charging of your smart phone - SHMBO has that in her Kona EV.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 02:44   #20
Jackysi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post

I honestly don't understand why you feel cheated that way? You do not need to buy a new car for every small change that comes with new MY?