Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 R Design 2010 2.0 se diesel/ Two turbo codes

Views : 218

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2020, 17:33   #1
Deyah

Default S40 R Design 2010 2.0 se diesel/ Two turbo codes

Hi.
My knowledge about cars is very basic... I recently purchased Volvo s40 (148000 on the clock) with dpf taken off which I wasn't aware of. There is lack of power upon acceleration due to Turbo not working, as well as increased fuel consumption. There is no warning lights flashing.
My mechanic found 2 turbo errors (1st turbo control, 2nd under boost fault, if I remember well) which he deleted already 5 times and they still coming back, we did ECU remap on it as we though that maybe previous owner haven't done so and it's related to dpf been taken off and not mapped. Unfortunately that didn't resolve the problem. Messages still coming up...

I read some posts that it might be some boost leak (less likely as car had oil change and good look around by my mechanic), or maybe glow plugs or tcv needs replacing (I checked it and for me it looks ok), or some wires or sensor ?

What would you advice me ? Did anyone had similar symptoms?
I uploaded few pics on google drive to have a better look of what's happening under the bonnet.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...cdKWFFCP5yGHrp

Would appreciate any help, as I'm slowly starting to panic that something serious is going on and I'll end up paying fortune to fix it...
Deyah is offline   Reply With Quote