Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC90 first impressions / issues

Views : 7633

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 13th, 2015, 22:10   #1
Schnorbitz

Default New XC90 first impressions / issues

Had my D5 Momentum for 6 weeks now, it replaced a XC60 D5 R-Design which I had for 2 years.

Very impressed with the XC90 so far, it's a considerably bigger car but the increase in interior space is why I went for it.

In no particular order here are a few points I think might be of interest.

One minor rattle so far, think it's coming from the front passenger door.

One recall in the bag already, curtain airbag doesn't deploy properly for third row protection, trim panel has to be modified.

Touch sensitive keyless entry is a backward step from previous push button type, plays up regularly often taking a few 'presses' to get it to lock. Also it's a real pain when washing the car if you have the fob on you as the water will activate the locking / unlocking, cue mirrors motoring in and out all the time.

No Driver profile feature available yet. I.e. You can't have one key for you and one for her yet with seat settings etc assigned. November update will sort this apparently but seems a big omission from the launch spec.

All cars have the wider instrument TFT at launch due to a supply issue apparently. Saves you £400.

Stop start system is the most sensitive I've ever come across, will shut down engine before car has stopped, a nightmare when manoevring. Can be deactivated but not permanently.

Car is extremely economical imo, I'm getting greater than 40mpg in normal A road running. Computer is accurate too, only over reads by 0.5mpg when I checked it brim to brim.

Volvo On Call is not working, dealer and I both stumped. Another one for the November update I think...

Stereo a bit tinny imo, only upgrade option is the £3k B&W one so maybe spec the subwoofer if you are keen on good sound quality.

Road noise is BAD. Not sure if this is tyres related or down to lack of noise insulation. Car on Continental 20".

Ride quality is firm on standard suspension, I wanted to test drive Air but couldn't find one anywhere. £2500 is a big gamble without driving one but ride is pretty knobbly on 20"s and standard springs. Better than my 60 on 20"s but not a great deal. Payback is very good handling out of town, in fact it handles way better than my 60 ever did.

Bluetooth drops out regularly, hopefully November update will sort... Theme developing here???

Overall I'm happy so far, it's a great big comfortable car with good performance and great economy. It does seem to me though that Volvo released it a bit underdeveloped on the software side, the fabled November update may sort a lot of things but I doubt it'll cover everything and may introduce more gremlins.

I'll put some photos up soon and if I think of anything else which may be of interest I'll add them to the thread.

Hope this is helpful, if anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them.

Cheers

Last edited by Schnorbitz; Sep 13th, 2015 at 22:19. Reason: Extra info
Schnorbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Schnorbitz For This Useful Post: