Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Calling V60 T6 Polestar Owners

Views : 26374

Replies : 111

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 2nd, 2015, 17:37   #11
EWAC
too long to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
Checking on 'autotrader' there are around a dozen of these cars still gathering dust at dealers around the UK some 12 months after coming into stock.

It would seem that Volvo misjudged , to put it gently, the value the UK market would attach to these cars, certainly nowhere close to the original asking price close to £50,000.

'nearly new', pre registered or under some other subterfuge they seem to be close on £30,000 now and will probably be sub £20,000 this time next year.

I know several who have driven one and they have certainly been impressed by the handling although none would have paid the asking price and it seems still find them novelties that they might consider when they are priced sensibly some time quite soon....

Apparently the upcoming V40 p* will not be offered here in the UK, maybe, somewhat like our Aussie cousins with their really lukewarm OZ market p*s, Volvo have sussed that we are not as green as we are cabbage looking and wont be suckered by their greedy , unrealistic and uninformed pricing.

Don.
I originally enquired about one before they came out and was surprised to see the 50k price tag! Hence why i waited as i was sure they were going to take a hit!
But now i got one (just over 30K and very low miles) i am well happy, and plan to keep it for some time so don't mind a further price drop....would rather get one now instead of waiting and looking at some rough ones later on with patchy history....

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2015, 22:25   #12
Need For Tweed

Well, I picked up mine last Friday. Also an ex-demonstrator and bought for a shade over £30k. Fabulously understated, even in the Rebel Blue, and everything I want it to be. Looked at the Audi RS4 and C-Class AMG too, but was ultimately drawn to the Polestar because of the 'Q-Car' looks. I love the fact that nobody knows what it is :-)

Last edited by Need For Tweed; Nov 2nd, 2015 at 22:43.
Need For Tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Need For Tweed For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2015, 19:34   #13
EWAC
too long to remember

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need For Tweed View Post
ultimately drawn to the Polestar because of the 'Q-Car' looks. I love the fact that nobody knows what it is :-)
totally agree! i love the look when people look and are confused ....
i showed a guy at my work. He was surprised by how good it looked.. i then started it up! his response "i didnt expect to hear that come out of a volvo" you should have seen the look of surprise on his face heehee

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 07:55   #14
Stuart Matheson

Default Polestar

Hi Ian (EWAC). I tried to reply to you but I think I need 30 posts before I can send a private message. My e-mail is perfectbalance10@gmail.com
I have tried to attach a link to the video that the Volvo dealer sent me when I made the enquiry about the car from Hong Kong but it does not work when pasting it into this text. To be honest when Andrew, the salesman from Parks Volvo in Ayr, sent the video I was sold on the car. If anyone would like to see the video then please e-mail me and I will attach the link.
Stuart Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 20:34   #15
MisterTad

Joined to say hello, and will undoubtedly be lurking around here fairly frequently.

I'll be collecting one for the Mrs next weekend, I'm pretty stoked about it myself though - it will certainly make a change from my diesel land-yacht at the weekends when I inevitably steal it for a bit of mild hooning.

Has anyone scoped out a set of winter shoes for theirs? I've not been able to find a supplier for the Polestar 19s in the UK and I'm certainly not forking out a quoted £3700 for the 20s.

Last edited by MisterTad; Nov 7th, 2015 at 20:38.
MisterTad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 21:26   #16
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTad View Post
Joined to say hello, and will undoubtedly be lurking around here fairly frequently.

I'll be collecting one for the Mrs next weekend, I'm pretty stoked about it myself though - it will certainly make a change from my diesel land-yacht at the weekends when I inevitably steal it for a bit of mild hooning.

Has anyone scoped out a set of winter shoes for theirs? I've not been able to find a supplier for the Polestar 19s in the UK and I'm certainly not forking out a quoted £3700 for the 20s.
Winters tyres and 20" rims do not make for a happy combination.
Suggest you get the smallest compatible rims and you will be looking at £110 per winter tread with lots of choice. Total cost far more sensible.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 21:32   #17
MisterTad

Sadly the smallest that will fit over the preposterous front brakes is 19", and even then not all 19s are a given, so £110 per corner is beyond the realms of possibility :/

The Polestar 19" that are offered as part of a winter wheel package in Europe do the job naturally and apparently BBS SR 19x8.5 work without rubbing on a 235 section tyre, but they're not cheap either.

Best price I've found on a set of Polestar 19s with Alpin A4s is ‎€2650 shipped, which isn't terrible, but isn't great either. I may just have to take it somewhere to test fit a bunch of different wheels.
MisterTad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 22:29   #18
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTad View Post
Sadly the smallest that will fit over the preposterous front brakes is 19", and even then not all 19s are a given, so £110 per corner is beyond the realms of possibility :/

The Polestar 19" that are offered as part of a winter wheel package in Europe do the job naturally and apparently BBS SR 19x8.5 work without rubbing on a 235 section tyre, but they're not cheap either.

Best price I've found on a set of Polestar 19s with Alpin A4s is ‎€2650 shipped, which isn't terrible, but isn't great either. I may just have to take it somewhere to test fit a bunch of different wheels.
Do you need winter treads ?
Nottingham is not known for deep snow (I lived there for many years before moving north). Perhaps you live on a steep hill. You could try snow socks. Not ideal, but at well under £100, worth keeping in the boot for an emergency. They work as well as winter tyres for getting up snow-covered hills - at least that has been my experience comparing snow socks with winter tyres on my old V50.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 23:07   #19
JRS80

It's all very nice you guys coming on here and talking about your T6 Polestars BUT... We need more pictures!!!! Come on!

Previously owned:
2005 V70 2.4 SE Auto 170
1999 V70 2.4 SE Auto 140
JRS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 08:20   #20
EWAC
too long to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS80 View Post
It's all very nice you guys coming on here and talking about your T6 Polestars BUT... We need more pictures!!!! Come on!
I have tried to upload mine, but the files sizes are too big for here