Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

c30 1.6 diesel cutting out 3000rpm.

Views : 5613

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2017, 17:01   #11
BOBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMeddz View Post
....for the car to go back to normal i literally have to take the key out (whilst it is driving still) and put it back in......
How do you deal with the steering lock ?

C30 1,6d DRIVe: 100w Rockford Fosgate amp driving Rockford Audiophile mids & tweeters & 200w Rockford amp driving 12" DiamondAudio sub; Phoenix Gold graphic eq; Audio Control iPod connect; RF Power Cap; SkinZ sound-deadening in doors; Alpine EZi-DAB
BOBAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2017, 19:28   #12
iainmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBAD View Post
How do you deal with the steering lock ?
ROFL! Sounds like the most dangerous manoeuvre I've heard of in a while!

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 15:21   #13
ChefBungle

I had exactly the same thing on my V50, if you worked the engine too hard eg overtaking, the engine cut out completely - as if it had run out of fuel. If I was gentle with the engine and took my time it was fine.

I got the fuel filter changed and from that point on it was absolutely fine.

Sometimes it's the simple things that can have an impact, I'd explore these types of things before you go spending a fortune on stuff that might not solve the problem.
ChefBungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 09:19   #14
SeanMeddz

It's a simple case of quickly turn the key off and on making sure I am on a straight road haha! Honestly I wouldn't mind I can sort of put up with it but as soon as like people have said you want to overtake on the motorway .... boom time to quickly shut the car off and on again!! I have ordered a new fuel filter so shall let people know
Thanks very much for the help guys
SeanMeddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 21:30   #15
SAZD

Default Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMeddz View Post
I have a volvo c30 1.6 diesel 2010 plate.
the car drives really well however if i floor it the car completely cuts out at 3000rpm, however, if i put my foot down slowly it is fine.
i have checked for leaks in the turbo and it seems fine and i have replaced one of the turbo pressure sensors (apparently there is 2) at the bottom of the engine.
anyone had a problem like this and how can i fix it as i am looking to sell it ... :/
Did you manage to get it sorted? This has happened to me twice today, both when accelerating merging onto the motorway.
SAZD is offline   Reply With Quote