Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvoguard 2 Fob has packed up

Views : 2078

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2019, 13:34   #31
ASt85
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Hi Laney and any other person in need,

I have been given a spare type 22000 shown on page 4 of that word document at post 3 at https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295393

It is missing the label & I have no idea whether it works or not but according to the chap who gave it to me, "it did when I sold the car 10 years ago". (Apparently it was lost when he sold the car)

If it is of any use to you or anyone else in need of the fob pm with an address and I'll post it to whom ever.

Cheers
Alan

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Aug 24th, 2019 at 13:38.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2019, 23:03   #32
edvine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
Hi Laney and any other person in need,

I have been given a spare type 22000 shown on page 4 of that word document at post 3 at https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295393

It is missing the label & I have no idea whether it works or not but according to the chap who gave it to me, "it did when I sold the car 10 years ago". (Apparently it was lost when he sold the car)

If it is of any use to you or anyone else in need of the fob pm with an address and I'll post it to whom ever.

Cheers
Alan
Just stumbled across your offer of an alarm remote. I'm sure that world + dog will have put their hands up for that as it was a couple of months ago, but just in case they haven't, my other V90 would be a worthy beneficiary, (I think...)
Thanks for reading.
Regards, ed.
edvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 00:02   #33
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvine View Post
Just stumbled across your offer of an alarm remote. I'm sure that world + dog will have put their hands up for that as it was a couple of months ago, but just in case they haven't, my other V90 would be a worthy beneficiary, (I think...)
Thanks for reading.
Regards, ed.
Hi ed,
Sorry to disappoint you - I sent the fob to Laney around a month ago.
If another one turns up, you'll be first on the list.
Best wishes
Alan

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 19:59   #34
edvine

Thanks!
It's a 97 V90 bought as spares for the one I've had for 17 years. I put it through an mot out of devilment & it passed, and has just done so again a year on, so now I seem to have two almost identical V90s, and it might as well have working remote locking...
ed
edvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 23:41   #35
940volvoman
Master Member

The fobs emit a small beep when you press the button.Doesnt mean the receiver is working properly,though
940volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 17:21   #36
940volvoman
Master Member

Default Volvoguard 2 Remote central locking

Well, I have finally replaced the control module( the one that says 210/211 on the top, and purchased a new fob, both from the guys at FRF.

Having followed the correct programming procedure, the remote keyless entry still doesn't work.

The being new emits its lovely beep.The central locking works from the key,and I tried refitting the control box with the old one, just to be sure.

But it still wont work from the new remote fob.

Any ideas, please.

PS I have checked the fuses
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 08:05   #37
Forrest
VOC Member

On the earlier Volvoguard 1 the central locking is a system programmable feature that can be set on/off. I expect the later system is the same but it will need to be done on the special programming box at the dealer.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 21st, 2019, 19:50   #38
ASt85
Premier Member

Wink

The central locking is "paired" to the fob - the receiver unit is "married" to the fob - ie you can switch a receiver unit & fob between cars/marques eg C70/850/P1 V70.

If you change the fob then you have to have it reprogrammed for the existing receiver...if however you change the receiver and fob(s) from another Volvo of the same generic marque ie 850/C70/P1 it will work in that the fob is programmed for that receiver.

Changed fob and receiver unit in my 2004/5 C70 - works without problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 07:43   #39
940volvoman
Master Member

As I said in my earlier post,I bought these brand new from FRF,Swansea.I shall have to contact them