Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Genuine Running Boards + Fittings..

Views : 3559

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 14:01   #11
GSMGuy
Master Member

Hi all, I've had a lot of interest in these, and am replying by pm to those who have contacted me, in order they were received, so please be patient.

Mike
GSMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 14:13   #12
Darlo

Hi Mike - tried to PM you, but it failed! Let me know if you do still have them and you get to me on your list of interested parties.

Cheers,

Chris
Darlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 15:15   #13
GSMGuy
Master Member

Ok, these have now gone to Ian. Thanks for all the interest..

Mike
GSMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 21:37   #14
Raysmears

Hi - are these still available? Regards
Raysmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 02:26   #15
stuarthartley

hi just wondering if you sold running boards regards stu
stuarthartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 20:51   #16
pat

I paid Mike for a luggage cover four or five weeks ago. Sent the money via PayPal. Since then? Nothing. Not a word. Not replying to emails. No sign of the cover.
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 21:36   #17
ianu
Premier Member

Exclamation

Hello Pat - all,

I have had a similar experience with Mike regarding the Running boards that if you read the thread had 'gone to me'.

He has had my money since the 1st May (which is now in the process of being reclaimed via my Credit Card company back to Pay Pal) - but I have no Running Boards.

Likewise - I have a phone number and e-mail - but no response since 19th May.

One of the first contacts I had with Mike 2 weeks after I had paid my money - he'd said he'd been in hospital for 2 weeks following a motorbike accident. I have no reason to doubt this - and sincerley hope that everything is OK with him - but the complete failure of comms has left me no choice other than to try and recover my money via my c/c company.
I have deliberately left posting anything 'public' on here whilst I try and resolve it - but I know I did PM you Pat as I'd seen your interest in the cover and wondered if you'd had similar issue.

If anyone knows Mike - or can shed any light on his situation I'd be really grateful. For someone who appears to be a genuine long standing member of this Forum - I still hold out for an honest and hopefully happy resolution - but my faith is fading and I sincerely hope it's not a bad news story.

Pat - I don't know what other steps you've taken to recover your money. I do have an address which I will follow up with soon though. If you aren't able to PM me on here but got mine - let me know by return and I'll pass you my e-mail address.

For the Administrators of this Forum - I don't know if you are able to offer guidance to others on here until we get to the bottom of the 2 queries here - I do appreciate that the Forum cannot be held responsible for transactions that attempt to take place between its members - but would ask if they alert others to the difficulties here - or a general message asking for any information of Mike's present situation.

Thanks
Ian.
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 06:48   #18
pat

Hey Ian - yes, in the same situation as you. Pity. No contact since I sent the money via paypal. Pity this has all gone south.... I can't send pms here atm which is why I couldn't reply!
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pat For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 18:55   #19
gordonjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianu View Post
Hello Pat - all,

I have had a similar experience with Mike regarding the Running boards that if you read the thread had 'gone to me'.

He has had my money since ...
Thanks
Ian.
That's really bad news. How did he have to heart to do that? So many transactions takes place amongst members through trust. If he doesn't give back what's your's he's a fraud. I think you should speak to the local authorities of his area. Good luck!
gordonjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 18:42   #20
ianu
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonjj View Post
That's really bad news. How did he have to heart to do that? So many transactions takes place amongst members through trust. If he doesn't give back what's your's he's a fraud. I think you should speak to the local authorities of his area. Good luck!
I'm on it - I have a valid address and as far as I know he's alive and well. The vehicle reg still comes back to an XC90 too.

Mike if you're watching from a new account - I'm a Christian and will be happy to resolve this amicably - either return my money - or send me the steps - simple.
While you're at it I'm sure Pat would appreciate similar.

Cheers
Ian.
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote