Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 '99 Estate Various Boot Malfunctions!

Views : 767

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 18:31   #1
funkt

Default V70 '99 Estate Various Boot Malfunctions!

Hello,

All sorts going wrong with my rear end...

01 - The locking mechanism only works (with remote) when the boot is open full. I have removed the (already loose and broken) plastic lining and can manually unlock the boot from the inside by flicking the latch - not ideal.

02 - The rear wiper mechanism hasn't worked for around a year. If however I do accidentally switch it on it sometimes decides to shift itself slightly.

03 - Probably just a coincidence but I've lost the central brake light too - haven't checked the bulb yet but it seems strange that so many electricals are on the blink at the same time in the same part of the car.

Any help on the above - much appreciated!

Thanks,
Lee
funkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 18:32   #2
mikealder
VOC Member

Check the wiring where it runs through the hinge point as it often breaks their - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikealder For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 19:30   #3
Luxobarge
Premier Member

^^^WHS^^^ Sounds like a break in the wiring harness at that point - not uncommon.

Also another common fault is that the shaft for the rear wiper seizes in the aluminium housing it runs through - might be worth a check of this, it's fairly easy to take apart and then can be greased (white grease is best for this).

Cheers,
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 19:44   #4
Paddler Ed
Volvo Driver Born 'n bred

Location: Armidale, NSW, Australia... home of rust free 240's!

When my locking went awol the brake light was on it's last legs, with the bulb failure light coming on intermittently.

I'd agree with the others, check the cabling. It runs in from the passenger side, pop the trim off at the top of the D pillar and there's the wiring.

Use a scalpel blade to slice the covering open (or undo the previous electrical tape if it's already been fixed once) and join as many cables back up as needed!
'05 BMW 320d E46 Touring.GF's car
Paddler Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot, lock, tailgate, v70, wiper failure