Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > VOC Section Events

Notices

VOC Section Events Meetings and Events organised by local VOC sections

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cheshire section latest news and forthcoming events

Views : 3062

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2014, 20:45   #1
simonstores
simonstores

Default Cheshire section latest news and forthcoming events

Hi Everyone

Many thanks to the brave souls who managed to come along on the 13 October on what was a miserable night. A special mention to Alex and his Dad Colin who made the trip from Pretbury on what was their first meeting. Alex is the new secretary of the C30 section so if you have any interesting articles or tips regarding this model then please let him know as it will help to keep him busy and your magazine/forum interesting.

Please find attached a summary of what is going on and what is planned for the coming months.

It would be great to see you at the next meeting when we will have a presentation given by Phil Oakes of the Institute of Advanced Motorists. In the meantime take care in the dark nights in your Volvo's

Best wishes

Simon

fORTHCOMING EVENTS

November 10th 7.30pm Phil Oakes IAM

December 8th Christmas Meal at Bleeding Wolf 7.30pm Please be advised that I will need to have final numbers by the next meeting and a £10 deposit which is required by the venue when confirming booking. The full price for the 3 course meal is £22.95. I will bring along the menu for the next meeting so you can decide what you would like. Please be advised there will also be a raffle on the night of the Christmas Meal. Good prizes too.!!!

I have had a good conversation with the secretary of the Saab Owners Club who meet just down the road from ourselves. It is hoped to have some joint meetings next year and if the section is keen we could join them on some local Classic Car Shows if there isn't enough members for a VOLVO or SAAB stand on their own. Hope this makes sense.

I am still trying to commit Volvo Holdcroft to some event next year but at present they seem to be have lots of changes in personnel so its difficult to get anyone to commit. But I do not intend to give up and will be making a personal visit in the next few weeks to speak to someone.

For next year we have decided not to have a meeting in January but the February and March meetings will be held on Sunday 8th of each month at 12 noon at the same venue.
April will return to Monday evenings at 7.30pm. The April meeting will have a presentation by Colin Haynes who owns a local garage and will be talking about the Terraclean engine cleaning process which is mentioned a lot on the Wheeler Dealers TV programme.

If you know of anyone who may be interested in coming along to our section either as a potential member or who may give a talk ( it does not need to be car related) then please get in touch.

In the meantime thanks for your support and see you next time

Simon
simonstores is offline   Reply With Quote