Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New 2011 Volvo Specifications

Views : 51728

Replies : 325

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 14th, 2010, 21:10   #11
Big Stew

Just been into my dealer today as they told me that my XC90 Active had just been delivered to them, the salesman there told me they have been told they can start to order again 0n 12th March. Also as stated no active lights or light washing. Our car is in Oyster Grey Pearl and as we hadn't seen one in this colour before we are over the moon with the way it looks. They have already fitted the Volvo detachable tow bar with 13pin electrics, very neat ! !
We now have just got to wait until Thursday to pick it up, it was as delivered from the docks and still needs all the pre delivery checks and valet doing. Can't wait now we have seen it ! ! !
Big Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Stew For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 21:57   #12
oldmanbm

Don't forget to post a picture up for those of us still waiting!
oldmanbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 21:57   #13
AB-UK
Premier Member

Volvo are good at downgrading the specs - maybe other manufacturers do too.
My current car - a '53 D5 SE, has more bells and whistles than a '59 SE version.
It would be somewhere between the Lux and Exec versions I suppose.
To obtain the same spec as I have now a replacement XC 90 would cost me 42grand.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 21:58   #14
Teejay1
Master Member

Default XC60 Update

A local dealer allowed me to read something they had been sent:

I've remembered as much as I can or at least the main things that affect my possible purchase. A new 2.0D replaces the 2.4D on the Drive, D5 is AWD only. Car to be called D3 DRIVe.

Spec changes on SE all as standard:
− Autodimming Rear View Mirror
− Autofolding Power Mirrors with Ground Lights
− Rain Sensor
− Rear Park Assist
− Power Operated Tailgate
− High Performance Sound Audio System
− Bluetooth

Looses colours Orinoco blue and Maple red and gains Flamenco red (C70) and seashell (v70), looses powered seat but appears to get heated washer nozzles.

R Design SE no longer available but pack above uprates it to SE.

Air bag cut off and floor mats standard on all. No more fog lights, apparently the inboard always on lights are enough.
I don't know much about he XC90 other than what someone has already said about active bending lights are no longer standard. There were other details but this is all I can remember!
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 22:16   #15
Big Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbm View Post
Don't forget to post a picture up for those of us still waiting!
I'll make it the first job ,second job will be to treat it with Diamond Bright paintwork sealer, I managed to get a twinpack of it for £35 to treat it myself compaired to the Hundreds dealers charge to do it for you ! ! !
Big Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 11:19   #16
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post

I've remembered as much as I can or at least the main things that affect my possible purchase. A new 2.0D replaces the 2.4D on the Drive, D5 is AWD only. Car to be called D3 DRIVe.

− Rain Sensor
− Rear Park Assist
− Bluetooth

Looses colours Orinoco blue and Maple red and gains Flamenco red (C70) and seashell (v70), looses powered seat but appears to get heated washer nozzles.

Air bag cut off and floor mats standard on all. No more fog lights, apparently the inboard always on lights are enough.
I don't know much about he XC90 other than what someone has already said about active bending lights are no longer standard. There were other details but this is all I can remember!
A local dealer has confirmed this is what he understands although all the information is arriving in bits & it still allows room for confusion. He knew nothing about fog lights.

The price rise for the 2.0 D3 is about £300 over the old 2.4D price whilst the D5 prices have gone up £700. He is not expecting any other price rise for the basic car but does not have prices for the extras. If you look at the SE extras that are now included this is a price reduction for the SE and a price rise for the S IF you would have had the bits anyway.
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 11:28   #17
Daleman
Master Member

Does anyone have a definite date for the new specification to be released?
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 11:49   #18
mas66
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post

− Rain Sensor
− Rear Park Assist
− Bluetooth

Still seems a little confusing .... several of those items describes as 'spec changes' were already standard on the MY10 SE ??

Cheers
mas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:04   #19
mu71rd

powered tailgate - that's a pretty weird thing to make standard on a uk car...

any changes to se lux i wonder?
mu71rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:05   #20
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas66 View Post
Still seems a little confusing .... several of those items describes as 'spec changes' were already standard on the MY10 SE ??

Cheers
Then remove the changes to read "new SE Spec". They have added these along with the new engine to "justify" the price increase.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote