Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 340GL for sale - 1.4 1988

Views : 1305

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 4th, 2009, 22:03   #1
codecracker

Default Volvo 340GL for sale - 1.4 1988

Blue Volvo 340 1.4L. For sale as SWMBO is getting a car and it's going on it's space! £500. Sensible offers won't be refused!

Good points....

Low mileage
40mpg
Low insurance group - 5
Reliable workhorse
Anything that hits it will just bounce off
Did 10,000 miles in it this summer, two trips to Glasgow, once to the South of France and not a single argument from her!
All original.
The boot even stays up!
MOT to June 2010, tax til February.

FOUR OWNERS

Owner 1. A uni professor who retired and bought it as a gift to himself and drove it for 18 years.
Owner 2. A lady I don't know much about!
Owner 3. A Volvo enthusiast who had a few of these and was needing spare room on his drive.
Owner 4. Me. I'm piling miles onto a great car and don't want to ruin it! During the time I've had it, two people have come up to me in petrol stations and offered me cash for it! Now I AM selling it, these offers aren't that forthcoming. Typical!

Bad Points

Owner 1 misplaced most of the history that came with the car. I have limited history but a few MOTs to prove the mileage is genuine
There's a scrape on the back passenger side door. If you're looking to run this as a classic, you'll likely want to replace it one day (it opens, closes, locks, as it should!).
The front brake pads will likely need replacing soon (they're £18).

Response by email/message only initially (I can have photos sent when i work out how to get them from my phone to the comp !).
codecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 23:48   #2
glennatkins

Default 400

thats my offer of she meets my spec and pictures
glennatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 14:57   #3
codecracker

Private message me your phone number and I can text you pics? What is your spec?
codecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2009, 13:12   #4
craig2410

Default Volvo 340 for sale! 1.4 1988, 49000 miles!

Looks good, expect a PM.
craig2410 is offline   Reply With Quote