Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Soot filter full

Views : 40521

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 13th, 2017, 15:20   #21
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbos View Post
You wont have a parking hater, unless it was fitted as an extra.

Has the regen solved your issues though ?

Do you think it been caused by short local journeys, or do you think you have a sensor issue ?

If you mainly doing short journeys you definitely need to do a blast every couple of weeks to clear the engines throat (and DPF) so to speak.

Any more than 30g of soot and your asking for trouble.
It is definitely down to short journeys IMO, I just don't drive far enough anymore. The sensor held steady at 12hPa while it was doing the regen, so I think there's no problems with that.

I may need to look in to changing the car tho because simple fact is I don't drive the car much at all at the minute which is an unfortunate waste.
Mikesmith181 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikesmith181 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2019, 15:39   #22
Golden

Hi guys, a few days ago i was on the motorway and my turbo to intercooler hose came off meaning i had to limp to the services and call assitance as i had no tools. I almost got home and it happened again. Second recovery guy couldnt fet it back on so tailed me home. Fast forward a few days and i have replaced the hose and all is well, no leaks etc.
BUT, car keeps coming up with soot filter and when reset with OBD2 willcome back within meters of driving. I do a lot of motorway driving and the dpf is regularly cleared through this, 250 miles just last weekend! Car only has 72k on the clock so i really cant understand it being the dpf, anyone have any ideas what i should do?
Not sure how relevant but the car has just had major service with new filters all round and oil change.
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2020, 13:09   #23
Mikecarp

Default Soot Filter Full

New here, thanks for having me. I'm a novice Volvo owner, having bought my first, a 2008 XC70 D5 less than 3 years ago. This morning, on my drive to work, the dreaded Soot Filter Full see manual warning came up. I kept driving, and the message stayed there for about 10 minutes. Just before my journey ended (my commute is about 20 minutes) the warning disappeared, and it hasn't come back. My question is, should I go for good highway run at 100kph for half an hour to give the DPF a cleanout? My normal work commute involves a short run home along a highway at 100kph (in case you guys in the UK don't know, we in Australia have been fully metric for nearly 50 years, unlike your half hearted effort lol) but only for about 5-10 minutes. The car wasn't used for 3 days over Easter (we can't go anywhere or visit anyone during this pandemic) but yesterday I went for a long drive around our beautiful Swan River, but never going over 70kph. My car has done 128,000 kilometers.
Mikecarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2023, 20:44   #24
Sharonr

Hi I am new to this forum but I have a volvo xc60 2014 and since February I have had the soot full and engine service required message it has been into to volvo and so far they have said its the manifold which was replaced for free then 6 weeks later same message had a new EGR at a cost of £800 then Monday had DPF filter at a cost of £1700 I picked the car up Monday 20 minutes on motorway back in Thursday Help
Sharonr is offline   Reply With Quote