Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Carpets.

Views : 504

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 1st, 2020, 12:08   #1
Stod

Default Carpets.

Has anyone had a carpet set from Ron at classic motor carpets. My rubber mats have seen better days.
Stod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 14:32   #2
Stod

Forgot to say 121 Amazon.
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 00:08   #3
amaz'in

Hi there,

That was a well timed question.

Yes, I had last week off work to do a number of jobs on my 'Best Amazon' principally to fit sound deadening and.... a carpet I ordered from Ron.
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2020, 11:55   #4
Stod

That’s good news. What started as a freshen up turned into a bare metal rebuild. Well if you’re going to do it do it right. !! The only change from standard I fancy is a carpet instead of the rubber mats. Could you let me know if you’re pleased with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stod For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2020, 11:27   #5
amaz'in

Hi Stod,

My Amazon was taken to bare metal and re-built last year, a project I had fully intended to feature and update on here, but alas, never seemed to find the time, I'm also utterly useless with computers which doesn't help, but will endeavour to figure it out for purposes of sharing photos for yourself regarding carpets and car in general if interested or course.

I also wanted the keep my 1970 Green 122s which I call Ingrid (I have a daily 69 131 in med Blue which I call Alice... Long story) as reasonably close to standard as possible other than a few subtle deviations which I can share in subsequent posts.

So, since Amazon's were available with carpets from new, from the Volvo accessories booklet, and Ingrid had been ordered with carpets, 123gt mirrors and Spot and fog lamp (I have the original paperwork) then it felt entirely justifiable to lavish her now utilitarian floor (original carpet probably worn out and thrown years ago?) with a touch of luxury.

Do please bare in mind when regarding any comments I make that I am by my own admission a fussy devil.

I decided not to opt for the wool mix carpet is she's an Amazon, not a Jag, and since I would never feel it through my shoes then why? I chose from a small sample pack, a colour to closely match the tan interior and opted for the edge binding in Dark Green to match the paint. I also decided to do the rear parcel (hat shelf in Volvo speak) as Ron informed me he had a template for this, so I added it (£30) to the order.

Bizarrely I didn't receive the parcel shelf piece but rather an off-cut of carpet (very large piece in fact) for me to cut myself... Hmm.. OK? Overall the fit is very good, a few modifications were required as always with these things... Main one being the slot/cutout for the handbrake on the front carpet wasn't long enough, I had to nigh on double its length which of course lost a small piece of its edge binding, but I doubt anyone would ever notice.

Ron said orders take three to four weeks and since I had booked a week's Holiday In three weeks time I just kept my fingers crossed, I had more than enough to do with sound deadening and replacement of boot and Kick-well card panels, a call to Ron on Tuesday as my Hols loomed left it looking like its was highly unlikely to arrive in time, but suddenly on Friday it arrived.

Overall, all of the above work saw me starting on Tuesday through to Friday and some of Saturday, each of them a 9 hour day, yes honest, but the end result is most satisfying I can assure you.
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amaz'in For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 10:50   #6
Thowdfella
Thowdfella

With regard to carpets, I got mine from Coverdale in Hindley who have the patterns and make an excellent job. The only comment I would make is to go for a good quality. I know someone who had the cheapest and wasn't happy.
Thowdfella is offline   Reply With Quote