Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 Wanted

Views : 1624

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 5th, 2010, 17:51   #11
Thassos
GoldMember

Default Pictures of S40 for sale

Hi dan, I have posted some pictures and details of my S40 2.0T in the S40 "sales" section,
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 00:12   #12
DanB_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechakev View Post
Last year I got a 1.8 GDI, 2002, 96k on clock, in black, SE spec with a few extras (chrome handles, 10 disc changer etc). In brilliant condition, 1700 quid (he wanted 2k but the tyres were pretty much illegal, so knocked him down the cost of some tyres!).

Good luck, you should be able to find something.

The yellow t4 is nice...but engine swaps worry me. Nice price though, 1600 for a car like that isn't much.
Jammy, Sounds like just what I'm after. I know what you mean, I was worrying the same, sounded a bit brief with not saying anything about where the engine came from. I think it's sold now anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
Hi Dan,

Im selling my S40 2.0T SE its the 160Bhp turbo so may be a bit better on insurance than a T4, this one has pretty much every extra you could order on an S40 (i recall this because ive had it from new, was my company car originally). Im going to post some pictures on here, im not sure where though!
i guess in sales, rather than the picture library, Im asking £1200 for it (price includes 6months tax - just got it at £112) so i guess its £1088 for the car! this has been a superbly looked after car with several times the asking price in maintenance spent, I realise its not that close to you, but might be worth
a look, only reason im reluctantly parting with it is im getting an S60 soon.

Ben

Hey Ben, just spotted your ad, looks like a lovely car and for good money too. Milage seems a little higher than I'm after, where are you located? Sorry if you've already said in the other post... I'll just go check on there...
DanB_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 00:19   #13
DanB_24

The car looks lovely, but I think Kent's a little too far for me to go, inspite of how nice she is. I'm sure you'll have no troubles selling though. Good luck.
DanB_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 19:19   #14
Panda
Mac Monkey

Hi,

I've got a S40 that we're potentially looking to sell.

Car is a 2002 '02' plate, 1.9D SE 115bhp.
Black with cream leather interior.

Currently has just over 100k on the clock. Just had a recent service.

There is a bit of rust on the outer edges of the door where a previous owner has had them bump strips fitted and they trapped water.

Drives like a dream, good on fuel, lots of refinements... cruise control, electric gadgets... chrome bits. It's a nice car.

I'd be looking for about £2,200 for it.

We're in Barnsley, so not a million miles away from Manchester.

Andy
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 23:32   #15
tonys40

i have a s40 1.8i sport in black 59k fvsh, 52 plate 11 months mot 2 months tax, part leather, ew em trip computer volvo radio cassette/cd player multi spoke alloys

in good condition

£3100

let me know if interested and ill send pics

thanks

tony
tonys40 is offline   Reply With Quote