Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

disappointed (Service cost, Seats, Warning messages, Oil)

Views : 1472

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 18th, 2006, 08:18   #1
ricofrancois

Default disappointed (Service cost, Seats, Warning messages, Oil)

Hello All

After great experiences with 240 Volvo, I decided to come back to Volvo.

I got a 3500 miles S40 (Jan 05) from Pilling Volvo in Hemel Hampstead. After a few days I noticed a click on the driver seat so I took it back and it was fixed under warranty.

2 Months after my purchase, I received a letter telling telling me that it was due for its 2 years service. After contacting Pilling, they told me they did a presale check but no service and I would have to pay for it. After fighting for 2 weeks with poor response they did agree to pay for the service which would have been billed £250... I also asked them to fix the passenger seat which was now clicking too but also they said they did, It still clicked.

I have booked the car in for the 3rd time in 3 months to get this seat fixed and it is going tomorrow the 19th but now I notice a warning message last week-end, the bad one (red) with the message "fault, service urgently!" after turning off the engine and restarting it disappeared.

Today I got to work and after parking the car I notice dripping oil two paths coming from both sides of the car.

The car is going in tomorrow but I am getting tired with all this. Has anyone had the same problem?
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 11:10   #2
gnhuk
Balding.............

I think your basic problem is Pillings.......... Their MK branch put me off the company and I've only heard bad stories about them
2012 S40D3 R-Design
gnhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 18:37   #3
7050man
Master Member

When I purchased our 4 month old V50 D ( 10 months ago), the car had already had it's first service early (10k). When I asked, dealer told me that they had to service the car as part of Volvo's 2nd user policy.

Hope this helps your case. Good luck.
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 11:40   #4
akash

I would try another dealership.
I'm convinced they put notes on the system to treat customers badly if the first trip has not been on good terms.

I'm still trying to get it around my head... how can a Jan 05 S40 which has only done 3500 miles be due for its 2nd year service??

Its not been 2 years (not yet anyway) and its not got the mileage either?
What does your service book say?

I would not leave this alone and persue it further to ensure you get correct treatment. If this means travelling the extra few miles to another dealership for if anything, just a second opinion, then so be it.

Mines always been tollbar in twickenham (although I live almost 20 miles away) but in my doubts of their service dept, I went to reading (almost 50miles away) to get second opinions.

Let us know how you get on and push those warranty repairs too!
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 13:08   #5
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

As has been mentioned, try another dealer.

Dealers are ten a penny. Until you find a good one with whom you can build a good relationship.
Given you are dealt with in a Volvo dealership, any warranty you still have should remain valid.

Take your flexible friends else where and show the dealer the contempt they deserve.
If they cannot treat people with the respect they rightly deserve, they do not deserve the Volvo franchise they have...
I would also make a written complaint to Volvo UK.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 22:39   #6
mnicholl

I have noticed this website has been created send an email to the webmaster at the website.

Name and shame the dealerships with poor customer service.

www.volvosucks.co.uk
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 01:53   #7
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnicholl View Post
I have noticed this website has been created send an email to the webmaster at the website.

Name and shame the dealerships with poor customer service.
Web site (url removed) is not complete.
I would have thought that getting the site up and running correctly would be the first priority, rarther than getting bundles of emails from disgruntled customers..
Horse - - Cart Cart - - Horse

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 14:41   #8
ricofrancois

Followup with my first post, I got the car back to find that thseat had not been fixed as the dealer didn't take the message right and thought it was a problem with the seatbelt seat sensor which they were proud to say they fixed. About the warning message they said it was fixed.

A few days later the message was back again and the seat still clicking obviously. I took it back and they fixed the ticking (well known by Volvo) and discovered a problem with the "break control unit" (cause of the warning message...) why didn't they spot that the first time??? I got the car back and It was all good.

A few month later in Jan Feb I noticed a creaking noise in the passenger seat again. This time "creaking" when starting in first gear or accelarating. I took it and they said, again it was fixed... I picked the car up and decided to test it just to make sure. The creaking noise was even worth. So I left it and I am waiting...

No need to mention that Pilling never called me to let me know if my car was ready or if they could drive it back as they usually do...POOR POOR customer service.