Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Instrument Panel Lights

Views : 948

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 19:17   #1
roland2937

Default Instrument Panel Lights

Ive got an instrument panel light that has gone so only half the instrument panel is alight at night.
Looking at past posts it does not seem clear where the panel bulbs are located for an 89 model 240. After looking from underneath I could see 4 bulbs with brown holders on the back of the instrument PCB. The 2 either side of the speedo I assumed were the direction indicator bulbs. There are another 2 which are near the top of the PCB on the left and right sides so I thought these were the panel bulbs. However I took out the bulb on the side which was alight and the light remained on so I can only think these are not used or I have missed something.

Can anyone please advise where the panel bulbs are - can they be seen on the back of the PCB or do I have to take the instrument panel out and access them that way.

Thanks for any help.

Roland
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roland2937 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 23:33   #2
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

This may help .
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...+lights&page=5

Scroll to post #42
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul240480 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 17:48   #3
roland2937

Thanks Paul. The positioning of the bulbs in the back of the PCB are as stated in my first post. Ignore the bit about taking out the wrong bulb as this was an error.
The best way to see the layout of the bulbs is from underneath. However, it may be easier to replace them by pulling out the instrument panel. I did this in the end as the panel bulbs are near the edge of the unit and not too difficult to get at. There is no need to disconnect any wires for this as all that is necessary is to pull the unit out (see previous posts on how to do this) as far as it will come and the brown base of the bulbs will be visible and accessible to the hand.

I managed to find replacement bulbs at autobulbsdirect.co.uk. They are R64122 B10D PC base panel bulb 12v 3W brown for £2.99 each. PP was £2.95.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roland2937 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 14:44   #4
Phil Russell

Thanks for swift reply ... bulbs ordered.
Why oh why could not Volvo get the owner's manual right? I bought bulbs as specified there ... clearly not updated from previous models?
Thanks again

PS ... yes, cluster just released on retaining screws, no need to remove completely..

Cheers, Phil
Phil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote