Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

no respons to the accelerator pedal sometimes, V50 2.0D

Views : 3353

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 00:34   #1
rajv50

Default no respons to the accelerator pedal sometimes, V50 2.0D

Hello. Have a Volvo V50 2.0D 2006 mod that nobody finds out what ails. Have visited regular workshops and brand workshop's to find out what is wrong, but no one can completely figure it out after both diagnostic and replacement off parts. The problem on the car is that I lose engine power (no response to the accelerator pedal) when I set in 3 gears and going up to around 3000 rpm, when I come across in 4 gear and shall gander at, so there is no response in the accelerator pedal, I press on the accelerator a few times then I get the response again. Or so I must downshift from 4 to 3 and so gander quiet,and then it's fine without the vehicle jerking. It also happens quite rarely, maybe 2-3 times a month. parts that have been replaced on the car with good faith to deal with the problem are: EGR valve, changed particle filter, diesel tank is cleaned, replaced fuel filter, changed the air filter, TCV valve (pressure converter to exhaust control), throttle flap and air mass meter. have someone been involved in this type of problem on the type of car or know what I can do / exchange to get a "normal" car again?
Need help!!!
rajv50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 09:35   #2
iainmd

Does a diagnostic scan point to the throttle pedal at all? It's an electronic drive-by-wire throttle pedal and they can sometimes fail. The pedal assembly may require replacement.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 11:13   #3
rajv50

The diagnostic scan dosen't show any type of fault codes In the system.
I haven't tried do a diagnostic scan point to the throttle pedal, but I shall test it When I get the time

Thnx for the reply.
Old May 26th, 2015, 18:02   #4
rajv50

I have now changed the accelerator , but the problem is still there.
Anybody have tips of what it then may be that is the problem??
Old May 26th, 2015, 18:52   #5
rajv50

Default lack off engine respons sometimes on my V50 2.0D!!

Still Have Problems with loss of engine power.

Last edited by rajv50; May 26th, 2015 at 18:56.
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 15:13   #6
tickover

Did you you ever get to the bottom of this??
tickover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 00:13   #7
glegalee

Hi, I'm currently looking into a similar fault on my 2005 S40. Occasionally the car will not rev over 2800 rpm. When I plug my generic OBD ii scanner into the car I get the following info "throttle/pedal position sensor/switch a / b voltage correlation". From reading the following thread, I have deduced that there is either a fault with my accelerator pedal sensor or the connections on the CEM. I have yet to try to remedy the issue, I need to wait for the weather to clear up a bit. I also have information that there's something not quite right with my IAT sensor, so I'll be replacing that at the same time. However, usually I just erase the codes, remove the key and then restart the car and it'll be fine for a while.

Other useful thread here ---> https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=188352

But from what I am reading I should either replace the pedal assembly and/or completely remove the CEM from the car and clean the electrical connections as they can become tarnished and lose connectivity with other modules. This generation of Volvo were renowned for problems relating to damp. Especially if your car has a sun roof. You may have experienced the appearance of a swimming pool in one or more of the foot wells. This is due to the sunroof drain in the A pillar becoming blocked or detached near the dashboard or sometimes the Air Con drain pipe becomes blocked and you get water flowing into the rear foot wells through the vent pipes under the front seats. Now with the addition of said water into the interior of the car and thus a high moisture/damp/humidity level within, the electrical connections are subject to corrosion. I believe that Volvo in the USA were taken to court over this leak and eventually put out a service bulletin with the steps to rectify the issue.

I'll try to update when I get round to looking into it.

Cheers G.

Last edited by glegalee; Mar 9th, 2020 at 00:15. Reason: Forgot a bit.
glegalee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to glegalee For This Useful Post: