Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RT Mechanics

Views : 57208

Replies : 101

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 31st, 2010, 22:00   #21
Ragamuffin
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
He was laundering the last £50k you sent him...

Owned. LMFAO.
Ragamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 23:06   #22
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

I will sit back and watch with enthused admiration for Russ' representative to get a letter to you..
Addressed, presumably, to st5ve c/o VOC forums, Internet.

One must assume that the VOC or team will get a letter requesting that the members details be divulged.
Having worn that avenue out, he may wish to try the police and get them to do his dirty work by requesting your account and IP details from us.
SO with all that to-ing and frow-ing it will take months before a letter can even be correctly addressed to you anyway!!!
And should you provide the VOC or Team evidential proof that your (or whoevers) comments were justified based on experience and other proofs.
Well, could take years!!!

The words "wind" and "pi$$ing" come to mind and the wind ain't blowing in the right direction!

Des. . .
The other avenue that is open to his legal council is to approach VOC and ask them to delete all reference regarding negative comments about RT Mechanics. He or his council would state that the comments have the potential to have a financial impact on his business.
I do not think I will receive a letter from his legal council, if I do I will publish it and view the action as antagonistic and vindictive bullying. Their is a medium that Russ has over used to gain free publicity for the Yellow Peril and RT Mechanics (some would call it phishing). Yet when his services come into question by members of this forum he will not use the same medium to defend or allay member’s confidence. Instead it is alleged litigation letters are sent out in an attempt to silence the minions, has anyone seen this letter and is it possible to post it up?
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to st5ve For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 00:25   #23
Ragamuffin
Master Member

The tags!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 00:30   #24
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Steve, if it came to that then there would be a total ban on any mention of RT Mechanics in any form. Russ would have his account deleted, all his posts would go and 'Russ', 'R T Mechanics', 'The Yellow Peril', 'RTM' etc would all be added to the swear word filter..........

He'd soon find that any publicity he had previously got would vanish - in fact it's a option we're considering anyway......
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 02:15   #25
strbryan
I've Been Banned

LOL @ russ loves mccabletie, russ the nobber, russ the robber...Happy new year everyone @ VOC but not Russ
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 12:49   #26
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoyOfSix View Post
Steve, if it came to that then there would be a total ban on any mention of RT Mechanics in any form. Russ would have his account deleted, all his posts would go and 'Russ', 'R T Mechanics', 'The Yellow Peril', 'RTM' etc would all be added to the swear word filter..........

He'd soon find that any publicity he had previously got would vanish - in fact it's a option we're considering anyway......
Strangely enough, thats an option being considered at the moment by the Moderation Team on T5D5

There is so much more that has been and is going on "behind the scenes" about Russell Thompson and his "work" than has ever been publicised.

I'm aware of a number of people, who have been seriously disadvantaged, and had extremely shoddy and in some cases potentially dangerous work carried out on their vehicles by Russell Thompson of RT Mechanics.

They have had to pay for rectification work (In some cases very expensive work) and they are well aware that they were "Ripped Off" yet some didn't want to rock the boat, nor some had the time/monies/knowledge to sue.

It's the same old issue, that people think they are a "one off problem", and don't want to upset anybody (particularly the fervent users of said services) <Had that myself with HLM> - yet they are not the only ones being "had", and as time goes on - it reaches tipping point - in this case, assisted by someone who was incensed enough to sue.

Russ has never responded to questions, nor critisism - mainly as he has no defence..

In any case, he's not a "true enthusiast" - but a businessman, and in some regards a very astute one - who has been making an absolute killing from overcharging work and parts on customers vehicles - of course, those customers think they are getting "The very best" - whereas in reality, they are being reamed, and without the benefit of lubricant (and I don't mean leaky oil pipes this time)

Oh, and a few more post links...

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...134#post716134
http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/12713-c...22#entry146222

And the post explaining why he doesn't like the "T5D5'ers"...
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...8&postcount=28

I always seem to ask "the wrong sort of questions" as I never got a response
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...6&postcount=23

PS - Russell, bring it on mate...... You've absolutely NO idea.

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work

Last edited by s60ben; Jan 1st, 2011 at 12:58.
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s60ben For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 15:49   #27
st5ve
S60 R

Some members have perceived their is a hate campaign against RT Mechanics and the members who have exposed Russ or RT Mechanics and his services have been in the past hounded by his pack of loyal customers (just my opinion). I have noticed of late those customers of RT Mechanics who used to defend or back him up have surrendered to the side line and no longer make any comments. Perhaps this is because they no longer want to get involved or now understand why it is important for the wider community to avoid traders who are deemed or proven to be a rogue. It is harder to make your money go further these days than ever before, money is very tight for everyone. When members of a community are at risk of being ripped off by rouge traders is it not right that fellow members should be warned of the risk so at the minimum they can make an educated decision to use a traders establishment or not?
It is considered by the wider community that rogue traders are exposed, we only need to look at the various television programs being transmitted into our homes to understand the impact traders can have on our lives when things go wrong. No trader is absolute without fault however it is the measure of his values how they correct any deficiency in services offered.
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to st5ve For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 17:02   #28
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by st5ve View Post
Some members have perceived their is a hate campaign against RT Mechanics and the members who have exposed Russ or RT Mechanics and his services have been in the past hounded by his pack of loyal customers (just my opinion). I have noticed of late those customers of RT Mechanics who used to defend or back him up have surrendered to the side line and no longer make any comments. Perhaps this is because they no longer want to get involved or now understand why it is important for the wider community to avoid traders who are deemed or proven to be a rogue. It is harder to make your money go further these days than ever before, money is very tight for everyone. When members of a community are at risk of being ripped off by rouge traders is it not right that fellow members should be warned of the risk so at the minimum they can make an educated decision to use a traders establishment or not?
It is considered by the wider community that rogue traders are exposed, we only need to look at the various television programs being transmitted into our homes to understand the impact traders can have on our lives when things go wrong. No trader is absolute without fault however it is the measure of his values how they correct any deficiency in services offered.
Whilst his supporters may have become less "vocal" it is always important to make sure that whenever making comment or passing opinion with reference to this particular member (and any trader for that matter) that the comment or opinion has a basis in fact. Either from experience or known experience as received by someone you know.
That will make aforementioned threats pretty much worthless. Difficult to sue people for stating the facts, now isn't it!!

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 17:54   #29
Ragamuffin
Master Member

Until the original poster put up the relevant links to start this thread off, I had never heard of RT Mechanics. Whilst out shopping for a washing machine this morning, something kept niggling in the back of my mind I had read about a yellow Volvo with a link to the name Russell. I eventually found something on another (non Volvo) car forum of which I am a member of.

12/12/2010.
originally posted by M*****
Its not like that on p****** ****, read down the threads in general discussion to see what level of IQ infest this place. I get congrats from all over the car scene believe me, will be at Autosport billed as one of the UKs top modded cars.

12/12/2010
Reply by,
MAD RUSSELL
Volvo mad.
(avatar of a yellow Volvo estate)
Its a shame that most of the car forums are like this. You yourself know the hassle I have had from the members of a so called performance Volvo site LOL. The Volvo tuning world is very small, we all have our group of haters, the best way is to ignore them.

I'm guessing this is the same person?

Last edited by Ragamuffin; Jan 1st, 2011 at 18:05.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 18:18   #30
Laney760
VOC Member

Settling out of court and gagging the claimant, and now this, seem to me to be the actions of a very desperate arrogant businessman. Bad PR and lack of humility are far more damaging to a business than some incompetent works carried out. By the time he's learned this he may not have a business left....

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
andrew m higgs, bsr, chas x is the mann, haslemere halfwit, incompetent mechanic, ken boon mechanics, o rly, r t mechanics, rica, rip off britain, rt mini, russ loves mccabletie, russ the robber, russ will tell his mum, russell s.thompson, volvo detuning, volvo tuning, vpchav