Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Theatre"/"Ambient" lighting

Views : 3781

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 2nd, 2017, 23:12   #11
neon
Premier Member

Yes I have found purple the best with blond interior. It is a little too understated though.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 23:34   #12
soupytwister
Master Member

Yes, could have done with another notch of brightness perhaps.

...but not quite as much as this garish stuff in the new E-Class. Probably be fun for a few days, but I'm sure most would turn it off unless showing the car off.

Last edited by soupytwister; May 2nd, 2017 at 23:46.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 09:37   #13
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Yes, could have done with another notch of brightness perhaps.

...but not quite as much as this garish stuff in the new E-Class. Probably be fun for a few days, but I'm sure most would turn it off unless showing the car off.

And back to my point re. class and subtly! That's just garish and surely only for showing off, who on earth would want to drive around like that!

:wq
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:02   #14
neon
Premier Member

Does look a bit much, wonder what it would be like with a less garish colour and if the level of brightness can be adjusted.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:22   #15
Torshen

Well that's the point isn't it - the ability to choose.

I might not want it very bright, you might not either... In fact most people might not, but adding the ability for people to choose for themselves is rarely a bad decision with something like this.

Maybe if they had the ability to increase the brightness in the XC90 lots of people wouldn't go any higher than the current maximum... Or maybe they would. But being able to choose for one's self is always a good thing.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torshen For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:50   #16
gaby
Premier Member

If a had this Mercedes and wanted to show off, the one thing I would certainly not want to show is
the ambient lighting! It looks terrible and it's not only the color, but also how it makes the center
console look even more busy (and gimmicky/ugly) than it is already.
The more I look at current interior designs, the more I appreciate Volvo's. Just take a look at the clock
in center console of the Mercedes, apart from the design it is about the last place where I would put it.
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 09:59   #17
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
If a had this Mercedes and wanted to show off, the one thing I would certainly not want to show is
the ambient lighting! It looks terrible and it's not only the color, but also how it makes the center
console look even more busy (and gimmicky/ugly) than it is already.
The more I look at current interior designs, the more I appreciate Volvo's. Just take a look at the clock
in center console of the Mercedes, apart from the design it is about the last place where I would put it.
I quite like the 2 screens in the current Mercs and the way they seamlessly flow across, but other than that, agree, way too much going on. Never been a fan of Mercedes design to be honest.

:wq
Old May 5th, 2017, 10:48   #18
gaby
Premier Member

Yes, the screens look nice, although navigating on a view as shown in the picture
would confuse me. The view is undoubtably one of several, but the fact the this
view is chosen for publicity purposes shows what Mercedes feels to be awesome.
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote