Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bi-Xenon Lights

Views : 2019

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:09   #1
ZebraXC90

Default Bi-Xenon Lights

Sorry if this is a second posting of the same... but I found the XC90 forum, as I am new to this site!

I am wondering if anyone knows if you can retrofit active bi-xenon to a 2008 XC90. I bought one but doesn't have these particular lights (it was an option new) but I bought used. I would appreciate any responses! Thank you all!

Charlie
ZebraXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:14   #2
jeffo

I looked at fitting Xenons into my previous car (2000 Jaguar XKR). It was not cost effective as it would have cost a few thousand pounds for all that is involved. I was under the initial impression it was just the lights, but it needs a lot more.

In the end I got some bright white light bulbs and replaced the stock bulbs with them. It cost about £20.
jeffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:11   #3
GJB
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Have retro fitted standard Bi Xenons had to fit another 10w lamp in circuit to prevent bulb failure on display but otherwise they are great bought on a well known auction web site as complete headlights.Not bendy lights.

Last edited by GJB; May 26th, 2010 at 09:51.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:41   #4
chunderground
xc90 exec black+privacy

my xc90 exec has them but dont like the bendy action. Bright lights are good though. Are the standard light not bright enough? if they are I would leave well alone modifications will usually lead to problems.
chunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:07   #5
anuvid

Default Bendy vs not bendy

What does everyone else think of bendy vs non bendy Xenons ? chunderground what don't you like about them ?
anuvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:13   #6
Bathurst

I have the bendy Xenons, no problem so far, no ill feelings when driving...

Great amount of light ahead, really lights up the road. In fact I expected the lights to react more quickly when making turns, however I only ever notice them move on tight corners. They are less progressive on medium and slow turns so hardly notice it.

The swivel motion can be switched off at a touch of a button if you don't like them, so far though no issues found.

T.
Bathurst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bathurst For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:17   #7
welshlad
XC90 D5 Exec: Black/Beige

I thought the bendy bit was great on the night-time test drive I did. It worked really well on unlit country lanes and pulling out of junctions where there are no street lights. Looking forward to getting them on my new Exec - if it ever comes!
welshlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:26   #8
chunderground
xc90 exec black+privacy

Default bendy headlamps

I find in town driving they are just so irritating and give me the sensation that I have ben drinking too much. To be honest have not used them yet in country lanes yet so they may well impress me yet.
Nice bright beam so that is really good but maybe just me I switch the bendy off at night.

love the car though solid as a rock!
chunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 17:20   #9
AB-UK
Premier Member

When you switch off the "bendy" function, do they stay in a "bent" position or will they always centre themselves?
I ask because I was thinking about driving on the continent, and if they can be stopped in any position then they might suffice fror driving abroad.

I'm surprised that Volvo haven't installed a setting which will set the lights for driving on the right at the touch of a button - it can't be too hard can it?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 17:33   #10
qm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
When you switch off the "bendy" function, do they stay in a "bent" position or will they always centre themselves?
I ask because I was thinking about driving on the continent, and if they can be stopped in any position then they might suffice fror driving abroad.

I'm surprised that Volvo haven't installed a setting which will set the lights for driving on the right at the touch of a button - it can't be too hard can it?

If you hold down the switch for the active bending lights its tranfers the lights over to drive on the right hand side when abroad.
Tim
qm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qm2 For This Useful Post: