Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Urgent - Driver headlight not switch back to RHD

Views : 526

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2022, 10:39   #1
uknowiama

Default Urgent - Driver headlight not switch back to RHD

After a bit of advice, I am not sure anything I can do at this late stage.

I have a 59 plate 2010 model year V70 d5 se lux with ABL Bi Xenon Headlamps.

I am due to go to france tonight. So need to be able to switch from RHD beam pattern to LHD beam pattern, so as not to dazzle anyone. Was practising swapping over.

There is a 2 position lever in on the projector housing that switches the pattern. One cut off sits in front of the other. Pull the lever forward and the LHD cut off is exposed. Put it back to original position nearer the lens and the RHD cut off takes over.

Now on the drivers side headlight when the lever goes back, not sure if going back properly, but the RHD cut off is not taking over from the LHD cut off.

Anyone experience of this? Been able to fix? Simple fix.
Guess, going to have to live with it for now?

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2022, 11:19   #2
uknowiama

Ok - I have solved it.
One of the levers (controlled by the main lever) on the side of the projector housing had got a little stuck, a bit of gentle prod with a screw driver and all working again. Can now see through the lens switching from one cut off to the other as move the lever between position A and position B.

Right.. back to packing.. did take some pics and vid to explain (not the best) will see if can find time to upload. Might be of use for someone another time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uknowiama For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 22:46   #3
XC70Virgin

That little lever business is way too flimsy for my liking.
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 13:42   #4
apersson850
Premier Member

I've only used it once (well, twice, entering and leaving the UK), but then it worked.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 02:42   #5
uknowiama

Quote:
Originally Posted by apersson850 View Post
I've only used it once (well, twice, entering and leaving the UK), but then it worked.
It is a bit flimsy.

I did think I jinxed myself, I practised removing and switching from RHD to LHD put back together, test lights take out again put back to RHD - a couple of times.

But rather had the issue at home and work out how to sort - than on the Euro Tunnel train - time constrained - 1am in the morning - which was when we crossed into France.

Been in France now since early hours of Monday. Worked well on unlit, no cats eyes, no traffic autoroutes, ABL - def worth seeking a Volvo with Bi-xenons, much better than the Halogen setup I had on my last V70.