Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

no start

Views : 850

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2023, 17:00   #1
trebornosbod

Question no start

:Hi folks the wife was right just leave the fan alone well i didnt to cut a long story short i removed the fan housing to fit a new fan , i tried to split it in situ but could not locate fan flaps whilst fighting with the heater rad. so after fitting new fan and relocating it i decided to remove the dashboard top to fix some cracks it had all done i decided to turn car over it cranked a few times then nothing a flat battery i thought charged battery up tried to start again nothing i turn the key and everything is dead. has anyone got any thoughts the car is fitted with a sterling transponder immobiliser if that helps. i think ive got Volvos version of Christine.
trebornosbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2023, 21:17   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

No Crank or no start?
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 15:22   #3
trebornosbod

Default no start

the car cranked for a few seconds then nothing now when i turn the key ignition light goes out and nothing ive charged the battery still no joy have i blown a main fuse if there is one?
trebornosbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 07:15   #4
morsing
Premier Member

Dude,

Seriously, and I'm only saying this to help you even though it will start a war, but if you want people to read your post you need to add a bit of grammar and structure to your writing.

I gave up half-way into the first line.

Regards,
Henrik Morsing
'70 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
'95 Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 Turbo Auto
morsing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morsing For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 20:29   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

If it no longer cranks on the key that suggests either a ignition switch issue or a starter motor problem.

You can check the starter by running a cable direct from the battery + terminal to the small cable on the starter. Fix the cable to the starter and touch it onto the battery terminal (do not do it the other way as the cable could short)
If the starter just clicks then it suggests a starter problem. If the starter runs a issue with ignition switch
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: