Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pilot Assist 2 improved.

Views : 5149

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 20:29   #1
ehp

Default Pilot Assist 2 improved.

Did my first long run after 12 month service/software upgrade last week and noticed that PA2 seems to have got a bit more sophisticated. Previously when changing lane I needed to drive in the new lane for a couple of seconds on a straight bit of road before PA2 would re-acquire lock with the green steering wheel. Now all I have to do is indicate and steer out of my current lane and PA2 is quite happy to complete the lane change and steer itself into the new lane. It made for a relaxing drive back up the M6 and as an extra bonus, the sat nav made a good call to re-route me round a massive snarl up on the M42.

Has anyone else noticed this PA2 enhancement?

Ed
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 20:33   #2
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehp View Post
Did my first long run after 12 month service/software upgrade last week and noticed that PA2 seems to have got a bit more sophisticated. Previously when changing lane I needed to drive in the new lane for a couple of seconds on a straight bit of road before PA2 would re-acquire lock with the green steering wheel. Now all I have to do is indicate and steer out of my current lane and PA2 is quite happy to complete the lane change and steer itself into the new lane. It made for a relaxing drive back up the M6 and as an extra bonus, the sat nav made a good call to re-route me round a massive snarl up on the M42.

Ed
My Pilot Assist has done that since I bought the car in October and no system update since.
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 20:44   #3
ehp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
My Pilot Assist has done that since I bought the car in October and no system update since.
Interesting. So it looks like it must have come out sometime between March and October 2017.
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 21:23   #4
MOzS90

My Feb 17 registered S90 does it too. Unless the dealer updated the software when I got it last month. They never mentioned anything about software updates though.
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 21:27   #5
Jagmate

Did/does yours trend to the left side of the lane when on PA and did that change with upgrade?
Jagmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 21:54   #6
ehp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmate View Post
Did/does yours trend to the left side of the lane when on PA and did that change with upgrade?
I've noticed a bit of that in the past, so tried to assess how it was doing now. I did over 100 miles on PA and for the most part it was pretty good. Perhaps only a couple of times where I felt it was too close to a vehicle on the inside lane. I'm not sure that's conclusive one way or the other, but it could be a bit better.

Ed
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 22:03   #7
MOzS90

Quote:
I find that with mine. Mainly on roads with no inside white line. From time to time I get a bit twitchy about my proximity to the car being overtaken (most of the time it’s artic lorries) but only if they are sitting very close to their outer lane edge.
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 22:28   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehp View Post

Ed
I noticed this improvement after getting the Sensus 2 update.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 23:30   #9
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I noticed this improvement after getting the Sensus 2 update.
Me too, had the new sensus done about 2 weeks ago so this was my first longer run.I have just done 300 miles today and probably 200 on green steering wheel.As others have said it was so much more relaxing.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 23:44   #10
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
When I had my D5 compressor pipe re-done a few weeks ago, the Volvo regional service manager happened to be there and the dealer's service manager referred me to him, knowing of my enquiry about moving Pilot Assist to drive a bit further to the right. The answer was and is that its not possible to adjust. There's some technical reason, that he was not quite sure of, as to why that is. Up until then I had assumed, having read a few posts on here from people who had the same issue, that it could be adjusted more to my liking. Not so. That was from the Volvo horse's mouth.

Its only those big lane-filling trucks that bothers me. I give them a wider berth than the Volvo does.