Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

!800 windscreen free

Views : 1053

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 10:27   #1
jocklow

Default !800 windscreen free

I have just put in a new windscreen so have the previous one available for anyone to collect. I live in Exmouth, East Devon. The screen has not chips or cracks and so is fine for the MOT and most usage. I changed it so I can more easily drive at night in the rain and still see well even when cars come the other way with bright headlights. I found the accumulation of fine abrasions over the years had made really bright lights become a fog of light.
I'll get rid of it if no one has contacted me by April 3rd.
Over to you.
jocklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 15:05   #2
gray

Need a new windscreen for my p1800s. Mine also has a lot of fine abrasions plus a single chip so may be an MOT failure. I may be interested in your screen just to get it through the MOT. Where did you get your new screen from?
Thanks
Gray
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 10:20   #3
jocklow

Default windscreen

Got it from Brookes Amazon in Ipswich. The only problem they had was getting it delivered without getting broken en route. If you're in Rutland I can't think you're likely to collect a screen from Devon.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 20:06   #4
gray

Would do if it becomes desperate, however, would prefer a new screen - I'll try Brookes. Thanks for the info.
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 20:04   #5
kishor kassie

Thumbs up windscreen

Hi.Please don't throw this screen away. I am inerested however the travel distance is too far. I would gratefully pay for the courier and your problems. My number is 078 2887 9494. Thanks from Kassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocklow View Post
I have just put in a new windscreen so have the previous one available for anyone to colle

ct. I live in Exmouth, East Devon. The screen has not chips or cracks and so is fine for the MOT and most usage. I changed it so I can more easily drive at night in the rain and still see well even when cars come the other way with bright headlights. I found the accumulation of fine abrasions over the years had made really bright lights become a fog of light.
I'll get rid of it if no one has contacted me by April 3rd.
Over to you.
kishor kassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 10:03   #6
jocklow

Default Reply to KAssie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishor kassie View Post

Hi.Please don't throw this screen away. I am inerested however the travel distance is too far. I would gratefully pay for the courier and your problems. My number is 078 2887 9494. Thanks from Kassie
Hello Kassie.
I still have the screen, but it really isn't practical to send this. First it'll cost probably £20-£30. (Brookes -Amazon charge £20 but they will be getting a deal from a courier.) Second I don't have the cardboard box that they sent it in. And it was a box for sending new bikes in ie you can't get them at the supermarket. Lastly they had to send me two screens because the first broke and their courier accepts no responsibility.
So I really think this is a non starter.
My number is 01395 267869 if you have any other suggestion.
Jock