Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo v70 p2 No adjustment on lights

Views : 701

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 11th, 2019, 23:45   #1
ians

Default Volvo v70 p2 No adjustment on lights

Having searched the forum and cant find the info I hope someone can point me in the right direction both my dip beam dont adjust on the dial in the car, one seems to point ok the drivers side points 10 foot in front of the car. Where do I start solving the problem.Thanks
ians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 06:12   #2
simonwedge

On the back of the headlight unit there is a motor and on top of this is a little white plastic nut (6mm?), when you turn this nut it should adjust the headlight beam height. If it doesn't then it sounds like your motor(s) isn't working - start by checking fuses, wiring connections etc. first.

The fact that you say that neither of your headlights responds to the switch in the car suggests that it is a blow fuse or something as it would be odd for both headlight motors to break at the same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to simonwedge For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2019, 23:09   #3
ians

Checked fuse and its fine so I turned the white adjuster and it moved the beam but it wont move from the dial in the car?
Old Apr 14th, 2019, 10:40   #4
Brendan W
Premier Member

The motors do stick. Opening and playing around with them can get them free again. However it would seem unlikely that both would fail.
I would open the plug on one of them and see if it is getting power when the wheel is rotated. If not then the first suspect might be the adjuster wheel module. You could take it out and see if it's getting power and sending it on.
That said the most common cause of one beam going skywards is the bulb fitted upside down or not seated fully. The rectangular tab is to the top.
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendan W For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 14th, 2019, 21:18   #5
Sojournermike

Sounds silly, but are the motors plugged in? Mine aren’t at the moment as the car thinks there’s a fault in the units (there isn’t, but I need to trick the bus) and it tries to pint them at the ground to avoid blinding oncoming drivers.
Sojournermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 19:10   #6
ians

Haven't been able to check anything yet but I have found that the other dial for dimming the instrument panel light also doesn't work?
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 19:21   #7
ians

Haven't been able to check anything yet but I have found that the other dial for dimming the instrument panel light also doesn't work?
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 19:29   #8
Brendan W
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
I think that you may have found the problem. Try get it out and have a look at what's happening.
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2019, 01:49   #9
oragex
Premier Member

This is on 2001-2004 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHAlNqlVOs

But I would look first see if the light bulb itself is correctly placed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbZqhIyS1as
Old Apr 20th, 2019, 12:55   #10
Darlo 1
Lunatic.

Sounds like your head light switch has failed, i currently have no adjustment on my height control or dimmer control plus the head lights are on all the time despite the drl's being set to off, nor does the main beam stay on only have flash at the moment, hopefully a new second hand switch should cure this.
S60 D5 2004.
I vape therefore I am.
Darlo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote