Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear door water collection

Views : 681

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2016, 17:35   #1
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

Question Rear door water collection

Still having trouble with water collecting underneath the rear door sills and splashing out onto your feet as you open the door.Have already seen this mentioned elsewhere and wondered if a solution has been found yet. Door seal appears ok but water somehow gets on inside and collects on top of sill until door is opened. Only happens on rear offside.
BARNEYROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2016, 18:20   #2
mhs

I have the exact same problem in my XC90 Momentum. Have reported it to my Volvo dealer on several occasions and they have 'looked' at it on several occasions. Here are the responses:
We have never had this problem reported before
If the carpets are not getting wet, don't worry about it
Volvo won't allow us to make any modifications
We will ask Volvo again
Keep an eye on it for a while and see how it goes
We are sorry about it

That's it. I have had the car since October. I have told them I am really unhappy about this and the various computer glitches that randomly re-set the radio and other features but nothing gets followed up or resolved.
mhs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mhs For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2016, 09:43   #3
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

I think my Momentum must have been one of the first off production line as took delivery in June. Had a few niggling faults which some have been sorted. I think in some ways it was put in production a bit too early and perhaps delaying launch a few months could have saved disgruntled customer complaints. Having said that I suppose all new Models will have teething problems, Its how they are dealt with that says much about Manufacturers and more so Dealers. Customer service should mean a lot but sadly once they have your money most are not bothered about after service.
BARNEYROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BARNEYROVER For This Useful Post: