Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Drivers door window switch set problems

Views : 5685

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 11th, 2013, 09:04   #11
Mistero
XC90? How very Harrogate!

Many, many thanks for posting that link, Arctic, I'll give it (that pulling the fuse when window is half way down routine), a go tonight.
And thanks for the support to resolve this, both. Appreciated.
David
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 10:24   #12
Mistero

Hi, to advise that this fix doesn't work and it looks like I'll be off to see the nice folks at P&R cars in Leeds to reset the sensor sometime soon.

Thanks for all the support to get this resolved 'though, much appreciated indeed.

David
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 22:53   #13
Mistero

'I only went and fixed it, I only went and fixed it'

I had an hour to tinker with this problem this afternoon and had another go using the 'pull-the-fuse-while-the-window-is-in-motion' routine.

The advice on the link from the US forum is only half the story. In a nutshell, to reset the window park sensors you have to do the pull the fuse routine twice, once when the window is opening and repeat it when it's closing. The window now parks successfully when it finishes opening or closing.

As an aside, I stripped the old unit and there are two (yes, two!) circuit boards in it, one sitting just under the switches and a larger one beneath it, vertically. All very clever but not user maintenance friendly. I'm glad I made the choice to locate a second hand unit, I very much doubt I could have rectified the old one.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 09:35   #14
Arctic fox
XC90 D5 SE Lux MY08

That's great news and value added info on the "complete procedure". I do enjoy a happy ending.
Arctic fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 14:18   #15
benbneben

Hi Mistero, Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but can I ask a seemingly silly question please - is it necessary to detach the battery when you do this procedure (Drivers Door Switch Set)?
benbneben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 18:24   #16
gmonag
Premier Member

I don't think Mistero is still here.

To answer your question - No. Just unplug the switch module before you mess with it. The circuit is protected, so the worst you can do is blow a fuse. If you are still worried, then go ahead and disconnect the battery.
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 11:32   #17
benbneben

Thanks very much, I’ll give it a go at the weekend
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 18:43   #18
delboy109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistero View Post
'I only went and fixed it, I only went and fixed it'

I had an hour to tinker with this problem this afternoon and had another go using the 'pull-the-fuse-while-the-window-is-in-motion' routine.

The advice on the link from the US forum is only half the story. In a nutshell, to reset the window park sensors you have to do the pull the fuse routine twice, once when the window is opening and repeat it when it's closing. The window now parks successfully when it finishes opening or closing.

As an aside, I stripped the old unit and there are two (yes, two!) circuit boards in it, one sitting just under the switches and a larger one beneath it, vertically. All very clever but not user maintenance friendly. I'm glad I made the choice to locate a second hand unit, I very much doubt I could have rectified the old one.
Brilliant will try this tonight on my XC90 .
delboy109 is offline   Reply With Quote