Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FREE MOT's !

Views : 759

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2018, 07:44   #11
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

Since letting them know I do my own repairs etc as above Ive only ever had 1 real problem, the tester was an agency temp in for a week, its obvious why he hasnt got a proper job.

Would I let the likes of HFrauds, KwikFat etc fix my car ? Only if its simpler than changing a lightbulb.
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 08:23   #12
dingov70
Master Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !
Guarantee the MOT is free (!) but just review the list of required items to get that MOT & the subsequent cost . Amazingly the parts required will be available at their reasonable prices , they may even fit them correctly

Cynical ??? Bloody right I am , I regularly get people rocking up after an MOT at Halfwits , asking if their findings are correct . I test in an MOT only vehicle testing station & perform no repairs of any sort . As a result there is no pressure to "sell " repairs to the customer

Last edited by dingov70; Sep 19th, 2018 at 08:25.
dingov70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dingov70 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 08:35   #13
davebb
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles p View Post
To be fair I'm pretty sure that there's a VOSA regulation supposed to prevent that!

However I've done the same

C
vosa do not own the garage ,

Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 08:55   #14
Dippydog
Premier Member

Some garages have a customer "viewing area" where you can watch the test being carried out-others don't of course.I'd imagine the idea of not allowing you under the car while it's in the air is more to do with the garage insurance rather than a H&S issue.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 11:49   #15
Brendan W
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Some garages have a customer "viewing area" where you can watch the test being carried out-others don't of course.I'd imagine the idea of not allowing you under the car while it's in the air is more to do with the garage insurance rather than a H&S issue.
You're mixing it up with the Maternity ward.
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 20:10   #16
dingov70
Master Member

[QUOTE=charles p;2449012]To be fair I'm pretty sure that there's a VOSA regulation supposed to prevent that!

There is nothing about the MOT that VOSA covers , it is administered by DVSA .
We are nominated testers not Inspectors

And allowing a person to walk under the ramp or down into the pit is the test station's decision , it is their liability insurance you may well be claiming from , nothing else

Oh & we are required to provide an area where the customer can view the proceedings , but no video equipment capable of recording te test is permitted , so please remove / turn off your dash cams before test begins . Thank you

Last edited by dingov70; Sep 19th, 2018 at 20:15.
dingov70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dingov70 For This Useful Post: