Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Beware!!!

Views : 1031

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:29   #1
wart
wart

Default Beware!!!

I posted this thread also in General on this forum, but perhaps it is here more usefull...sellers and buyers will vist this section more frequently I think.

Hello,

I just want to let you all know that I came across a possible fraud. On CandC a (so to see) nice Amazon 122 S is advertised, located in Belgium.

I send the seller a mail and found out he is living in Murcia, Spain. He told me the car was in Spain also. He told me further that he had to sell due to financial problems and that he was willing to send the car by transport (on his costs) to the Netherlands.
I should pay the transporter the full amount for the car. The transporter then would keep the payment on his account as a kind of deposit. If I was't happy with the car after 10 days of using it I could return it and the money was transferred back to me by the transportcompany.

Of course alarmbells were going off.

He send me also a copy of his ID with picture, of course with similar names as is his emailadress....trustworthy! I decided to cooperate for a while seeing what he would do.

I let him know that I would send my own transporter, a Volvo fan, who could see and judge the car at collection. That (of course)was not possible, the seller was moving out of Spain because he found work. There was no time.
After that he send me a couple of emails writing that I had to hurry.

In the meantime I searched over the internet and found the same car, with the same pictures, advertised in Salerno Italy (autoscout). And finally I found it In the USA (Ebay) where it is for sale at a dealer. With lots of pictures and genuine with licenseplates visible.

I informed the proper authorities about this, but there is not much they can do they told me. It seems almost impossible to track these ''guys'' and about the ID.....''they always use stolen ID's or ID's from earlier victims".

The adds can be found on:

One in Murcia Spain (Ternat, Belgium) for sale on www.carandclassic.co.uk

One in Salerno Italy: http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.as...000000&asrc=st

One in the USA: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volvo...item3382eaee00

I suppose most of you know of these scams, but I thought it would be helpfull.

Best,
Willem van der Wart

Last edited by wart; Jun 26th, 2013 at 14:16.
wart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wart For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 21:41   #2
hutch63

yes your right it is a scam , as are a lot on c&c gumtree ebay and autotrader.
i have more or less the same reply
i have already reported this guy to the police.
hutch63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 00:07   #3
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wart View Post
I should pay the transporter the full amount for the car. The transporter then would keep the payment on his account as a kind of deposit. If I was't happy with the car after 10 days of using it I could return it and the money was transferred back to me by the transportcompany.
The above is a common method they use. Run a mile when you hear this!